x partner's debt- joint mortgage - now CO on my property

lyndaymay140

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Will try and keep this simple!!

Split from husband 6 yrs ago. No divorce for various reasons. I pay mortgage ( STILL IN JOINT NAMES COS BANK REFUSED TO PUT IT IN MY NAME AS i AM A MATURE STUDENT AND WONT BE EARNiNG ENOUGH TIL NXT YR).

Came back from holiday in July. Had a letter from company called Cabot stating that they were going to get a charging order on 23/8/10. Contacted the court in Notts and told them I couldnt attend. They told me to e-mail and request it to be moved to essex and it shouldnt be a problem. Waited for response but didnt hear anything so contacted court on 15/8/10. They said it was now going ahead in Notts and I couldnt have it moved. Told me to send in my objections by e-mail. so I sent another e-mail staitng

it was X's debt, not joint

He hadnt lived in property since 2004 or made payments

Had 3 Children one with Autism

Not enough equity in property to cover debt.

All this was ignored and have just been told by x sis in law that X has received a letter stating the Co has been placed on property.

Is there anything I can do? Can I have it removed? Can I appeal?

Seems unfair that they can do this when debt is nothing to do with me. I never had any benefit on the debt ( he used the money for him and his gf!!). He doesnt seem to be too bothered but I could lose the roof over my kids heads. am very worried as this Cabot company seem very ruthless. ANY help appreciated. Thanks.

Moved to Legal Forum

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT