car tax

jack1966
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello, ive had my car tax reminder on my freezer stuck there with fridge magnet for two weeks, only problem is i never have any money till the end of the month. its the end of the month and it runs out tonight.

however i bought car tax online today, car tax showing in my car window shows expiry of 30/09/10.

question, can i still use my car tomorrow even though i dont yet have tax disc

thankyou

Yes

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/application?origin=vnav_bar.jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.refresh&pageid=Common+Questions#QUESTION_9

I have not received the tax disc. Can I use the vehicle without the tax disc displayed?

When you apply for a tax disc online or by using our phone service you are able to legally continue to drive your vehicle for up to 5 days after the tax disc has expired while you wait for the new tax disc to arrive. This will only apply when you have applied for a new tax disc before the current one expires. You should continue to display the expired disc on your vehicle, until the new one arrives.

Personally, I think I would print out the confirmation reference number that you will have been given when you paid on-line and keep it in the car tomorrow, just on the off chance the police happen to stop you.

If the tax disc is continuing on from the previous one, as long as you you have applied online you can still use your car for 5 days. As said previously keep a copy of the confirmation in the glove box just in case

I am not so sure. I believe if you are stopped, although you have paid for a new VED the offence would be 'failing to display a valid VED'

I think, in essence, because the DVLA have authorised you to continue displaying your old tax disk, that effectively maintains your old disk as "being valid" for those further 5 days.