iPhone 4 returned to Vodafone...Still no refund received!!*resolved*

110chris
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Probably my worst ever experience with a phone network. I purchased the iPhone 4 online with vodafone for £169 which turned out to be faulty with no signal whatsoever. It took me over a month to finally get in touch with Vodafone's customer service team who agreed to refund me the initial £169 for the handset and the first 2 months line rental (£35).

I spoke to several managers over the phone, one which i recorded his reference number and name who arranged for a courier to pick my phone up and the refund would be in my account within 7-10 working days. This didnt happen. My phone was sent back on the 9th september, i have been ringing there disgraceful customer services for the last fortnight where i get transferred all over the place. I have then emailed their online logistics which appears to be the correct department.

Unfortunately, this is pretty much the same email i have been sent 3 times in the last 14 days:

"Dear Customer,

Please accept my apologies for all the inconvenience but to trace your query I need to look into where the parcel has ended up."

I have the original delievery certificate of where the parcel was sent to and have told them several times but just get ignored. In my latest email to them, i asked who i should contact to make a complaint as i believe it is fraudulent activity, so i wanted to write a complaint to the correct department and threaten legal action, but they seem to ignore this.

Can anyone help, and perhaps advice me what i should do. Perhaps if you know an address i should write to. Sorry for the long post, that is as much as i could summarise it, there is so much i have missed out.

We have a member of the Vodafone webteam that comes on this forum, go to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html and contact them, you will receive a response which will include a reference number, post it back here and Lee will look into it for you. ;)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/259838-vodafone-complaints-vf-webteam.html

Hi and welcome to CAG

You have so come to the right place. Check this link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems&p=2343770&viewfull=1#post2343770

Follow the instructions closely and you will get a reference number back. Post that on this thread and one of the (Brilliant) web team will pick it up for you

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

B****r the fox is slow today :lol:

We have a member of the Vodafone webteam that comes on this forum, go to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html and contact them, you will receive a response which will include a reference number, post it back here and Lee will look into it for you. ;)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/259838-vodafone-complaints-vf-webteam.html

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Hi 110chris,

It's disappointing to read about your experience here but I'm sure we get things sorted out.

As the guys have stated if you send me an email with your details and then update the thread with the email reference number I'll take it from there and get back to you as soon as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 1 month later...

I am disappointed to say that the matter has not been resolved. I have been emailing Lee, (vodafone company rep) for the last month now and was assured that he will get me my £169 refund. In 2 of his emails, he said that he has contacted some department and that i will recieve the money within 3-5 working days. He let me down. Now, i have asked for some advice on what i can do now as his approach has clearly not worked. He has ignored my last 2 emails.

I have also emailed the online logistics team of vodafone and am just getting the same replys of..."we are working on getting it sorted" etc. I have tried nearly everything, and am getting very concerned now. Does anybody have any advice of how i can go about getting this money back. Surely this is fraud?

Please get back to me guys

Hi 110chris,

It's disappointing to read about your experience here but I'm sure we get things sorted out.

As the guys have stated if you send me an email with your details and then update the thread with the email reference number I'll take it from there and get back to you as soon as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

I am disappointed to say that the matter has not been resolved. I have been emailing Lee, (vodafone company rep) for the last month now and was assured that he will get me my £169 refund. In 2 of his emails, he said that he has contacted some department and that i will recieve the money within 3-5 working days. He let me down. Now, i have asked for some advice on what i can do now as his approach has clearly not worked. He has ignored my last 2 emails.

I have also emailed the online logistics team of vodafone and am just getting the same replys of..."we are working on getting it sorted" etc. I have tried nearly everything, and am getting very concerned now. Does anybody have any advice of how i can go about getting this money back. Surely this is fraud?

Please get back to me guys

It is VERY rare that Lee fails to get to the bottom of things. I suspect that the department he referred to has failed, not him.

Now you have posted up again, he should see it and trace the emails to see what has gone wrong. Don't give up

I understand Lee is away (probably can't fit his head thrugh the door after the praise we've lavished on him for resolving over 50 cases here on CAG) So I've PM'd a different member of the webteam. Hopefully there is a cheque on Lee's desk ready to be sent out to you :) I hope it can be resolved quickly. As you have confirmation you will recieve this money, it's just a matter of time... it's unheard of for Lee to promise and not deliver to be honest, this is an unfortunate first.

• Haha 1

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I'm glad it got sorted for you.

Can I just add that it wasn't just CAG that helped. Vodafone customer service may leave a lot to be desired but Lee and the Web Team do everything in their power to help disgruntled customers such as your self which is why they have had such a success rate here.

Anyway, I will take great pleasure in marking this thread "Resolved"

• 2 weeks later...
This matter has been resolved and i have recieved the full £169. Thanks again to Lee for sorting this. The vodafone customer service was an absolute disgrace but im glad i found this site that sorted it out pretty promptly

Hi 110chris,

Thanks again for updating the thread with confirmation that you've received your money back.

While it's taken a little longer than anticipated to close this one off I'm pleased that we got there in the end for you.

I'm glad it got sorted for you.

Can I just add that it wasn't just CAG that helped. Vodafone customer service may leave a lot to be desired but Lee and the Web Team do everything in their power to help disgruntled customers such as your self which is why they have had such a success rate here.

Anyway, I will take great pleasure in marking this thread "Resolved"

Thanks for making the necessary amendments Fox.

I understand Lee is away (probably can't fit his head thrugh the door after the praise we've lavished on him for resolving over 50 cases here on CAG) So I've PM'd a different member of the webteam. Hopefully there is a cheque on Lee's desk ready to be sent out to you :) I hope it can be resolved quickly. As you have confirmation you will recieve this money, it's just a matter of time... it's unheard of for Lee to promise and not deliver to be honest, this is an unfortunate first.

Thanks for your help as well here locutus.

Having successfully negociated my way through the doors today it's good to be back and I look forward to adding to the resolved cases tally.

Kind regards to all.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 7 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.