Late payment of court fine resulting in distress warrant

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and could do with some advice off you guys if possible please. Here is the script,

On 30th July, I was found guilty of exceeding speed limit at Magistrates Court for which I received a total of £155.00 fine and 3 points.

Whilst in court I was told by the judge that I had to pay £15 per week and the first payment was due on 6th August. This was written on a HMCS info guide by the court clerk. I discussed the payment of my fine and I was told that the total fine had to be paid by 8th October. I was also informed that I could make one off payments if required and did not have to set up weekly payment plan.

On 24th August, I made an online payment of £50.00 and then on 16th September, I made an online payment of £30.00.

On 24th September, I received a letter from the courts indicating that a distress warrant had been issued against me and they returned my payment of £30.00 in a cheque!

I have now been informed that my fine had been referred to Marston Group Bailiffs on 13th September even though the final payment was not due till 8th October.

When I spoke to the courts they stated that I was ordered to pay £20 a week however this is not the case. Even if I did have to pay £20 a week that would mean the final payment would be due by 24th September so how can they refer to the fine to the debt collectors prior to this date!!??

I find that they are totally abused the fines process and have clearly sold the debt on in order to make a few quid!!

I have now had to pay an extra £75 on top of the fine. The debt collectors have done nothing to justify the £75 as they have not even had to come to my house.

Thats the story what do you guys think? Thanks very much for reading, Chris