style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I had a letter through my door today saying I need to pay my outstanding Bill in 24hours, I called the Bailiff and said.

I have sent a letter to the head office "Rossendales" saying I can pay £130 a month - He told me this letter has not been received and he requires full payment - he gave me an extra 14 days.

I had a previous visit 2 months ago and signed a Walkin Possession agreement

The issue I have is I cant raise that amount of money to pay the debt in full, I made a payment of £94 in August and £110 in September, So this shows I have been paying

As they did not receive my letter they now require the full amount with charges of £1125

What should I do ?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

The goods listed are : -

TV / Stereo / Coffee Table / Dishwasher / DVD player / portable tv / portable radio cd player

The amount outstanding was £1000 after I made my 2 payments

This is now £1125 with fees

Anything I can do ?

The goods listed are : -

TV / Stereo / Coffee Table / Dishwasher / DVD player / portable tv / portable radio cd player

put an auction value on your goods (is your telly flat screen is your D.V.D top on range

Would the value of your goods when sold at auction cover all bailiff fees removal fees storage fees auction fees and some of the debt if your answer is no then you levy may be unlawful

Hi,

Its not even a Flat screen Tv its a normal 28" Samsung, The portable tv is old and so is the portable radio

The most expensive item is probably the DVD player but thats now 3 years old

plodder tom, I have not had a breakdown of all the costs from the Bailiffs

regards

I would contend the levy is invalid. Looking at the possible monies that may be made should the goods be removed it has to be remembered that 2nd hand electrical goods will bring next to nothing at auction - there is something somewhere that backs this up but can't remember where I've put it. Therefore at a guess I would put a generous value on the goods listed of say £200. The idea of removing and selling goods at auction must realise the following:

a - the Bailiffs fees

b - the removal costs

c - the costs of the auction, including storage and advertising

d - the auctioneers costs

e - a proportion of the debt owed

If you owed £1k then at a genorous level the Bailiff should be seizing/levying goods to the value of £5k/£10k minimum. In my view the Bailiff has levied on these goods solely to gain a financial advantage for himself and his Company.

The Fees involved should therefore be challenged, removed and replaced where applicable by a Visit fee.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, I have tried speaking to the Bailiffs company and they will not listen to me at all, I cant make any payments as they will not be accepted. I tried to ring the council they said that the bailiffs are now dealing with this and they will not talk to me

What else can I do ?

Hi, I have tried speaking to the Bailiffs company and they will not listen to me at all, I cant make any payments as they will not be accepted. I tried to ring the council they said that the bailiffs are now dealing with this and they will not talk to me

What else can I do ?

phone e-mail your local councillor and your MP

have you sent for a breakdown of charges

Hi, Yes I have sent for a breakdown of charges, The problem I have now is I am going away with work for a week so will not be at home, I signed a Walk in Possession order, can the Bailiff gain entry to my property when I am away

Hi, Yes I have sent for a breakdown of charges, The problem I have now is I am going away with work for a week so will not be at home, I signed a Walk in Possession order, can the Bailiff gain entry to my property when I am away

yes they can however this very seldom happens and they would have to send you a letter giving you a time and date as the goods levied have no or little value at auction i very much doubt they will especially now your MP is involved