Will coming off DLA and IB and carers allowance cause any problems? Advice needed

sillysimmo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I am new to the site and have read some great info here before signing up

I am on DLA at HRC and LRM and receive IB. My wife is my carer. If we give up all these benefits at once is it likely to raise eyebrows with the dwp?

It seems that in today's world all they want to do is hunt us down, am I right or paranoid?

Kind Regards and Hello to all.

sillysimmo

My advice would be to continue to claim what you are entitled to claim. I certainly wouldn't come off benefits just though fear of being hunted down unless you are or have claimed for a non existant disability.

If your right to benefit is genuine then feel no guilt, I think this whole situation has been brought about though those who cheat the system and as a result everyone is painted with the same brush.

Also if you give up the benefits you are entitled to, how would you support yourself, pay your bills live day to day.

Think long and hard before you give u your benefits, nobody is going to hunt you down.

They are in place for people who are entitled to them, take care :)

DLA is there to help you in the needs you have. It is possible that if you returned to work that your care needs may actually increase !!! The Carers allowance is there because your carer is not earning in the same way. Obviously if that situation changed she would not be entitled to it because of the earnings rule.

Are you saying that you do not need care now and that your mobility issues have become less acute than they were when you first claimed?

Of course you may be frightened because you know your claim is not genuine, in which case you should stop. However you are the only people that can say that.

• Confused 1

Thanks for your replies, I am better than I was initially, and because my condition fluctuates it is hard for me to say exactly what tomorrow holds. However, I can do more now than when I first became ill. I would really appreciate it if anyone knew the answer to my original post as I feel a little stuck. I would be most grateful for any informed response.

Kind Regards

SS

If you dont need the money or are now due to health improvement not entitled to money then ring them and stop, its as simple as that, but better than continuing and later found to be a matter on not informing of change in circumstances, that involves court possibly.

To be honest your a judge of your needs and the dwp rely on you to keep them informed of changes, they are not going to harass you if you simply say your condition has now improved and you want to stop the claim. The only way they might later want more info is if you are already under suspicion of doing wrong, or under investigation, but even in that case stop the claim.

Remember if your condition deteriates again you can always claim again for help.

ps. Glad to hear you are on the mend by the way. xx

• Confused 1

Thanks for your replies. I would like to be able to send a pm but as I'm new I'm not allowed to yet.

Thank you all whom have responded to my plight. Any further suggestions would be more than welcome.

Best

SS

I have just read that after I have posted 5 times I can use the pm facility. I expect that may be the case for receiving pm's too.

Thanks all. This is a great forum that I have found.

Best wishes to all xx

SS

Thanks for your replies, I am better than I was initially, and because my condition fluctuates it is hard for me to say exactly what tomorrow holds. However, I can do more now than when I first became ill. I would really appreciate it if anyone knew the answer to my original post as I feel a little stuck. I would be most grateful for any informed response.

Kind Regards

SS

If you do phone up and cancel your benefts and its just for the reason that you want to come of these benefits then thats it, they close them. You dont have to give any reason just that you want to close your claim

You would not hear from the DWP in respect of the said benefits untill you contacted them again ie if you wanted to claim them again in the future.

As Lou has stated if there are any other reasons then yes they may contact you again ;(