Vodafone and Capquest ***Resolved***credit record is clean, no longer getting correspondance from capquest.

starbert
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have recently received letters from vodafone and capquest about a debt I never knew I had. A bit of a search on the internet brought up this forum so I thought it might be a good idea to post and see if I can get help getting it sorted.

I did have a vodafone account from 2005 to 2008 and at the time of wanting to cancel it had a few problems getting through to customer services as I had to enter a pin I had never set. As you have to write to cancel your contract anyway I sent a letter stating I was terminating my contract and giving a new address as I had moved house. A month later I wrote again explaining I had stopped using my phone and would be cancelling my direct debit. Therefore I gave a month’s written notice and allowed enough time for them to collect any airtime payments needed. I hadn't heard anything from them since (not via post or email) until 17th sept when I returned from holiday to find a letter from vodafone to say they were selling my debt to capquest and a letter from capquest asking for payment. All though the debt reported is not massive; I still dispute that I should have any and also wonder where I stand in the fact that I was not aware of it for 2 years.

So far I have written a letter to both companies asking for clarification regarding the debt and to check the communication was legitimate, you hear of so many scams! I have not heard anything back from Vodafone and am continuing to get more threatening letters from capquest and their solicitors, not acknowledging that I have been in touch with them. I am sending them another letter today explaining I am disputing the debt and would appreciate time to resolve the matter.

I intend to do as was advised in another thread and report to Vodafone customer services linking to this thread. Will let you know if I have any problems with that!

Is there any other advice you can give me or anything more I can do?

Welcome to CAG.

Looks like help will be just around the corner :) May sound strange, but lots of people have sililar cases to yourself, and the vodafone webteam have sorted their problems.

• Haha 1

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Think I managed to log with vodafone customer services successfully and got this number in email reply - #4216478

Hi starbert,

I can confirm that you did indeed manage to log this with us successfully.

You can now rest assured that I'll get this looked into and will get back in touch with you as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

I know this has nothing to do with Lee and the web based customer services team but I just had to share the response from vodafone's regular customer services to my initial letter asking whether this was a [problem] and if not for details of the supposed debt.

I am sorry to know that you are unhappy with the charges on your Vodafone account.

I've Checked your account and can see that your account is sold to Capquest Investments Limited. I'm sorry to inform you that I'm unable to provide any account related information.

In order to discuss you account further or for any account specific information, please contact Capquest Investments Limited, as they are the best person who can help you further. ..................

I trust the above information is helpful.

I was a little annoyed to read that this morning. Surely they should be able to provide me with details of what the charges are for? I wouldn't have thought Capquest would be willing or eager to share that information with me, but you never know they may respond to my letters.

I know Lee and his team are still looking into my case but from reading some of the other resolved threads how can one company have such different customer services teams working for it?

Hi starbert,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

Naturally, you can disregard the letter you've received and I can assure you that we can certainly provide you with the information you've asked for.

Additionally, CapQuest would be able to liaise with us if necessary to obtain this information but as you're now in touch with the Web Relations Team we'll assist you further and I intend to be able to get back to you later today with an update.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 3 weeks later...

Since last posting here I have had several communications with Lee, and his team are looking into my case. CapQuests debt recovery action is supposed to have been suspended for 30 days while Lee and his team look into the matter, but I have recently received a letter from HL Legal solicitors informing me that Capquest are passing my account onto Doorstep Agents, Scotcall Limited. I have emailed the vodafone web team regarding this letter but am starting to get concerned.

I know from reading other posts that these types of agencies work on harassing and intimidating people into paying, and I don't believe I should have any debt to pay, but I don’t know where I stand if someone turns up at my door. I am thinking of printing off some of Lee's emails to have by the front door just in case to at least try and provide proof that it is being looked into. Any other advice?

What you have received is called a "standard threat-o-gram". Follow this advice http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members. if they do try to follow up on the threat, but as I'm sure you've guessed it is just that 99% of the time, an empty threat.

• Confused 1

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Since last posting here I have had several communications with Lee, and his team are looking into my case. CapQuests debt recovery action is supposed to have been suspended for 30 days while Lee and his team look into the matter, but I have recently received a letter from HL Legal solicitors informing me that Capquest are passing my account onto Doorstep Agents, Scotcall Limited. I have emailed the vodafone web team regarding this letter but am starting to get concerned.

I know from reading other posts that these types of agencies work on harassing and intimidating people into paying, and I don't believe I should have any debt to pay, but I don’t know where I stand if someone turns up at my door. I am thinking of printing off some of Lee's emails to have by the front door just in case to at least try and provide proof that it is being looked into. Any other advice?

Hi starbert,

Thanks for returning to the thread.

As per my earlier email, I'm not really sure what's happened here but rest assured that your case remains in hand.

As soon as I have an update for you I'll be back in touch.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Lee, you know I hold you in very high reguard, but I doubt even you have the power to make CrapQuest listen! :p

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 3 weeks later...

Hi locutus,

I would've replied sooner but I've been away from the office for a couple weeks.

I know that DCA's aren't held in the greatest of affection but I'd like to think that I've proved with a few of the cases that I've handled that amicable solutions can be reached where possible.

Naturally, we'd prefer not to involve DCA's but all to often dialogue with a customer breaks down leaving us with little alternative.

Starbert, rest assured that your case remains in hand and as soon as I have an update I'll be in touch.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 2 months later...

I have a happy ending to the thread at last.

Thanks ever so much to the involvement of Lee and his team, my credit record is clean and am no longer getting correspondance from capquest.

I know it is a while since I last posted as I had to go back 4 pages to find my thread, Lee did communicate the good news around christmas but I have only just got around to checking my credit record and posting here!

Thanks to all involved in helping me and to CAG for being here!

Mark me as resolved I am done.

edit - p.s. have just donated small amount in thanks

Edited by starbert