Santander messing around

smoore102
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I had a current account with Alliance and Leicester back in the day. During the time I had the account I incurred a number of bank charges, which sent me into an unauthorised overdraft and subsequently spiralled out of control. This placed the account into default, although I no longer have the DN.

During the test case I had a claim on hold, and obviously all that fell through. Since then, I made some payments to reduce the balance, with the account being passed from DCA to DCA. The balance got below £100, and I thought why the hell should I be paying this, so stopped paying.

That was about 2 years ago, and all went quiet. Last month, I received a bank statement from Santander showing the balance I was aware of. Today, I received a statement showing that they are going to be taking a £100 Daily Unarranged Overdraft Fee on the 18th October. Considering this account is in default (and showing as such on Experian) can they charge this fee? I was always under the impression that they can't charge any fees once it is in default?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Smoore102

During the test case I had a claim on hold, and obviously all that fell through. Since then, I made some payments to reduce the balance, with the account being passed from DCA to DCA.

Why did it fall through?

The decision stated by the Courts DID NOT remove the need for the banks to act fairly in their bank charges, you simply had to change your argument.

Let these fools add £100 their charges, you won't have to pay them as you have never agreed to them, I assume, that when you took out the account with A&L you will have signed 'an' agreement, but when they went to the wall and were bought out by this lot, you did not sign a new agreement? That said, the only charges you can ever be liable for, are the unfair charges that were put on hold by the test case with A&L.

Once the account is in dispute ZERO fees or interest can be added, they are clearly deluded all you need do is , if your feeling genorous, is reply to them thanking for applying their unenfocrceable bank charges and state that the account is still in dispute with A&L, maybe they would like to pay back the unfair bank charges you are claiming and answer your dispute as they are the new owners of the lemon they have bought.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Bazooka Boo,

Thanks a lot for your advice there, certainly gives me some ideas for my response to Santander. Unfortunately I decided to go with a claim management company for the overdraft charges on this account. I now know how foolish I was, but it means that I could never amend my argument. On the plus side, at least I know that my dispute should still be in place, which adds extra force to my argument not to pay these and any new charges.

When it comes to the account sale, I was never notified that this account was being passed to Santander from A+L. The first I heard about this account being taken away from the final DCA was last months statement through the post.

Again, thanks for your advice, and if anyone else would like to chip in, please feel free.

Smoore102

• 7 months later...

Hi all, just a quick update on this account.

I have finally got Santander to admit that I was defaulted in 2008. Now, they have added approximately £500 worth of charges onto this account in the meantime. Any ideas what I can reply with as I feel these charges are unjustified. Can default charges be added onto a defaulted account?

Thanks for any help,

Smoore102

Whilst the account is "disputed" then no further charges should be added.

If they have done so, then reclaim them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!