style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3605 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Somebody else was driving my car & was filmed in a bus lane in Park Lane Croydon on Sunday 26th Sept 2010.

can anybody tell me if bus lanes are operative on Sundays ?

if somebody else driving my vehicle, am i liable to pay the fine ?

there does not seem to be a way of telling Croydon council i was not driving the car.

thanks for your help

Barrie

See below:

Hi Somebody else was driving my car & was filmed in a bus lane in Park Lane Croydon on Sunday 26th Sept 2010.

can anybody tell me if bus lanes are operative on Sundays ? Some are. Depends on the bus lane, unfortunately you need to watch like a hawk as there is no consistency.

if somebody else driving my vehicle, am i liable to pay the fine ? Yes

there does not seem to be a way of telling Croydon council i was not driving the car. Because it is not relevant. The responsibility in law is with the owner.

thanks for your help

Barrie

On the assumption you know who the driver was, have a chat. If they are prepared to pay all well and good. If not you need to decide whether to appeal. Scan and post the PCN removing all identifying data and we can take a look.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

can anybody tell me if bus lanes are operative on Sundays ?

if somebody else driving my vehicle, am i liable to pay the fine ?

there does not seem to be a way of telling Croydon council i was not driving the car.

thanks for your help

Barrie

It depends on the signage. some are, some are not.

As you are the registered keeper then ultimately yes.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.