debtsurvivor

Philips Bailiff

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3597 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I received a letter from Philips which says

You have failed to make suitable repayment arrangements ........ Our recovery agents may now attend your premises with out any further warning to commence recovery proceedures.

You have 7 days ...........

They make reference to an account which is in dispute I'm not aware of any court hearing for the alleged debt. Should I ignore the letter?

Phillips in this case are acting as a COMMON DEBT COLLECTOR and CANNOT use their bailiff powers. If you haven't had any court papers then there is NO recovery action they can take, other than send a doorstep collector round, this person may be a bailiff but they CANNOT exercise their bailiff powers in this case.

Its becoming a common problem, Bailiff companies becoming common debt collectors as their income streams dry up due to consumers learning their rights....

You can report them to Trading Standards for misleading you as to their powers.

Report it to TS online at http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

In a similar situation with them, except that I don't even owe the debt and never have, decided to just ignore, play their game and see how far they go! No visitors yet, and that was threatened several weeks ago. Had another letter since that one, with just more threats - bring it on I saysHa_biggrin5.gif

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.