Jasper1965

New handset failed after 14 days, o2 will not replace.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3594 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Purchased a new Sony Zylo handset on the 4th of sep 2010, shop assistant set it up incorrectly so my sim was not transferred and I had to return to a different branch the following day to get my number transferred which meant the phonewas unusable for the first 48 hours of ownership. After a further two weeks it packed in completely, I had a couple of days of random freezing before the screen went blank on me.

My wife returned the handset last week and was refused a replacement due to scratches on the screen but was given a courtesy phone ( a rubbish cheap thing that I can't use as the screen is scratched and the display is too small and of such poor quality. She was told the repair could take up to 7 days so she revisited the o2 shop yesterday and came away with nothing but dogs abuse from the manager and the news that she should have been told the repair could take up to 28 days.

Any ideas what I should do please?

(With reference to the SOG as amended :- what constitutes a reasonable time as I'm happy in light of what happened to my wife yesterday to purchase a new handset from an alternative supplier and pursue O2 under SOG at my leisure).

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

Here is a quote from o2's code of practice (found here) that may help if you decide to complain to them :-

At O2 we always try to make sure things run as smoothly as possible for our customers. If you’re unhappy with any part of our service, tell us. It gives us a chance to put things right and also means we can improve our service to you and our customers in future.

Your first point of contact

Our customer service teams are in the best position to deal with your complaint and should be the first people you contact. You can contact them by phone or by letter or email. Contact details can be found at the end of this code of practice.

Putting things right

We’ll look into your complaint immediately and try to sort the issue out as fully as we can. If you’re unhappy with our decision, ask for one of our Customer Service Team Leaders to investigate further.

An impartial review

We hope that we will have been able to sort out any problems by this stage. However, if you are still not satisfied after speaking to one of our managers and would like an impartial review, please write to:

O2 Complaint Review Service

PO Box 116

Leeds LS11 5DS

Email: complaintreviewservice@o2 .com

Fax: 0113 388 6696

What we need to know

In your letter, please include the following information:

Your name and address

Your mobile number

A daytime phone number

Details of your complaint

A suggestion of what you’d like us to do to put things right If you’ve had any previous Correspondence relating to your complaint, please send copies of these as well as any names of managers you’ve spoken to.

An independent review

The telecommunications ombudsman, Otelo, can review your complaint if we haven’t been able to sort the situation out using the steps above. Unless there is a deadlock situation, Otelo won’t look at cases that are less than 12 weeks old.

Otelo

PO Box 730

Warrington

WA4 6WU

www.otelo.org.uk

Email: enquiries@otelo.org

Phone: 0845 050 1614

Textphone: 0845 051 1513

If you need advice

For information on your consumer rights, get free advice from your local citizens advice bureau (CAB), consumer advice centre, local-authority trading standards or consumer protection department. You’ll find their contact details in the local telephone directory or ask at your town hall or local-authority offices. If you ever need to make a complaint, we’re always here. Should you have any feedback about our service, let us know so we can make improvements.

And just to note, the Code says otelo will not look into a complaint under 12 weeks old... it's actually 8 weeks.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Otelo cannot deal with complaints about faulty equipment.

All down to your interpretation of what the complaint is. I think it's more about o2 not adhering to the SOGA rather than the handset in this case. Either way, a "deadlock" letter or following the o2 complaints procedure will look good if the OP takes it to court.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar