• Tweets

• Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

'Silverpoint delivery service' card in your door - HFO Services?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3336 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

ICO entry:

Registration Number: Z1425133

Date Registered: 07 August 2008 Registration Expires: 06 August 2011

Data Controller: SILVERPOINT DELIVERY SOLUTIONS

Address:

20-22 BEDFORD ROW

LONDON

WC1R 4JS

This register entry describes, in very general terms, the personal data being processed by:

SILVERPOINT DELIVERY SOLUTIONS

Not specifically registered for debt collection...

Registered on the same day as HFO Capital Ireland, funnily enough... but it’s not a limited company.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear.

From Companies House:

Name & Registered Office:

SILVERPOINT DELIVERY SOLUTIONS LTD.

20-22 BEDFORD ROW

LONDON

WC1R 4JS

Company No. 06339018

Date of Incorporation: 09/08/2007

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

None Supplied

Accounting Reference Date: 31/08

Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)

Next Accounts Due:

Last Return Made Up To:

Next Return Due:

Previous Names:

No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

GAZ2 02/06/2009 STRUCK OFF AND DISSOLVED

GAZ1 17/02/2009 FIRST GAZETTE

288b 30/10/2008 APPOINTMENT TERMINATED SECRETARY JORDAN COMPANY SECRETARIES LIMITED

NEWINC 09/08/2007 INCORPORATION DOCUMENTS

CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION

STATEMENT OF DIRECTORS & REGISTERED OFFICE

DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE

MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION

ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION

So the company has been struck off. It is the same entity – registered at Bedford Row – so what they are doing, pretending to be a proper company, is bordering on the illegal, I would suggest.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

I’ll dig deeper when I get time... but what a bunch of idiots.

Website says they are headquartered at Chancery Lane.. but an address in Birmingham? That is a lie, surely! This is beyond the pale...

You have to love the detective skills we have aquired on this site, everything from dissecting poorly particularlised defences to tracking down the trail of companies leading to the parent company AND the directors thereof...

The building in Bedford Row is used by a lot of companies as a registered address...

Perhaps there should be concrete law that the Registered Address should be the same as the main business address which should scupper scams like this.

SO it looks like a serious case of data protection act being abused and names being banded about by Dianne he he it gets better

i luv it when alice makes so many mistakes knob

patrickq1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Just downloaded the dissolved company’s details. The director was:

Vijay Kumar Agrawal

Who just happens to be:

http://in.linkedin.com/pub/vijay-agrawal/14/986/84a

... Finance Manager at HFO Services India Private Limited! Well I never!

The company never filed accounts; I hope they were pursued by Companies House and fined...

This guy is also a director of another HFO front company, Express Letter Delivery Ltd. Both Badri Nathan and Alasdair Turnbull used to be directors. This company’s annual return is overdue.

Edited by DonkeyB

tut tut SG dont you go annoying alice

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

According to the card - the recipient could be in for a very nice 'windfall' - my eye!

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

According to the card - the recipient could be in for a very nice 'windfall' - my eye!

As the people at SW19 do not deal, with wills, insurance claims etc, therefore misleading.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Yes - I didn't notice that - they must be using the John Bull printing set again.

At your Service

is'nt there anything cheaper than JOHN BULLS surely a pound shop would have a set hehe

Love the typos in the image on post 22

Siliverpoint, Sliverpoint, make your minds up guys!

However, on reflection, Sliverpoint seems quite apt! :-)

Evil in r post

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

if you have the number i will call them

patrickq1

could do with a laugh ,and also try record any calls for postage on here seeing as i dont owe the **** a cent, and harrassment charges can then follow as Alice is personally responsible for the actions of his staff and is aslo aware because of trading standards warnings so he shall be held PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE ggggrrrr number please

got the number

also the address is for citizen advice centre

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/index/aboutus/citizens_advice_offices.htm

ive added aby as a friend on face-book hehe justa wait till i get added as his best friend {not)

I note they do not use the word ‘Limited’ anywhere...

Using a virtual office can only be designed to deceive the recipients of these cards. That’s in contravention of OFT rules – misleading communications. We need a taped phone call that leads that number back to HFO...

Just rang the number of the virtual office and asked for silver point deliveries - asked my name and said hold on.

Other lady came on and said can i ask what it's regarding.

No Body said Who?

Think they are using a "virtual" Trading address via these.

http://www.eoffice.net/virtual_office/Virtual_office/birmingham/birmingham_virtual_office.html

did you say it was about a virtual debt.

The term has been defined in philosophy as

"that which is not real"

God that's cheap - £149 I nearly bought one!

At your Service