gavdo

UKPC strike again.. Advice needed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3598 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

After visiting a friend of mine I returned to my vehicle to find a parking penalty from UKPC on my vehicle. My car was parked in a visitors bay clearly labelled with a large V in a circle. The remainder of the bays where for private residents and labelled according to house number, along with a sign advising that bays where for permit holders (totally understandable). To all intense and purposes I don't see how this can justify a ticket when I was in a 'VISTORS' parking bay whilst visiting. Naturally I instantly thought I would appeal against it and there was a nice little website appeal system to make it easy. So I had my friend send me a photo of the bay in day light so the sign on the floor was clearly visible and I attached it to their online appeal form with a description. The message displayed that it was sent successfully and a was advised that the appeal would be responded to in five day in writing.

Well no response was received so I tried to phone and surprise surprise you can not speak to anyone on there advertised lines. This rang alarm bells and I looked them up, to find that they are a very dubious organisation. Unfortunately they did ask for how was driving the vehicle on there appeal form and I filled this in (Isay unfortunately from reading other posts). If anyone can give me direction on action to take or not to take please advice.

From now on just ignore them and do not contact them again. The so called "appeals" process is a sham. It's not independent and it's in the PPC's interest to refuse all such "appeals"

I agree. Does anyone know of a way that we can launch an appeal against this business. As it would seem that they try this on every vehicle they come across.

The more invoices these scamsters give out, the more chance they have of hooking a gullable individual who will pay.

It's a [problem], as you've gathered.

There is no 'appeal' or way of stopping them unfortunately. Your time to deal with them and the harassment caused would probably amount to £250 in small claims court, so if you're feeling brave you can start communicating them and then take them to county court when they send you the inevitable crap.

OPC had to pay £250 this week, and UKPAO got stung by a hefty £1000 a couple of weeks ago. It is now becoming apparent these companies' actions have consequences for them.