New Bank account after going into IVA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok I have posted on this before but getting a bit desperate.

I was with First Direct 19 yrs without any debt problems with them and they gave new two months to close my account (6 weeks left). Just gone into an IVA.

You know the 'Computer says know'.

I have debt with Co-op, Halifax, Sandander, MBNA, Barclays, and Mint (RBS)

I went to NatWest no problem they said open a Step account , then when I bought in proof of who I am etc they said they had made a mistake they will only accept people who have just got out of an IVA. I have 5+ years to run. I.e. not accept people in an IVA

I have mortgage s and all sort going pout of my current account

I do have a very old Abbey (Santander current account) I have just changed the address so I could use that but I assume they will say the same thing when they have caught up with their 500,000 complaints

Any ideas

When i went thru BK BOS was one of my creditors but they still opened up a cash account - dd's allowed - with no problems.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 3 months later...

Go and get yourself a Savings Account anywhere - no problem with that then you can change later when things improve.

At least your are still maintaining a history of finance and you can withdraw cash and wages can be sent to the account if you need it that way.

What did you actually ask for in Nat West because With an IVA what you cannot have is an overdraft a cheque or a debit, credit card.