Arrow Global & Orange Default

rff04
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Noticed on my credit file that a default was registered to me on the 17/04/2005 by Arrow Global Ltd for £68.49 with regards to an Orange a/c.

Requested information with regards to this debt as had no knowledge of it, Arrow Global sent copies of the paperwork dated 18/04/2008 which stated that Orange had assigned all the respective rights to Arrow Global effective from 19/12/2007, the letter goes on to state that they will report this a/c as a "defaulted account" no earlier than 28 days from the date of the letter.

Arrow Global in their covering letter are now advsing that I must pay now to avoid legal action for this debt.

Firstly no idea what this debt is for and secondly if a default is registered with the Equifax on the 17/04/2005 yet Arrow Global advise that they will only default 28 days after a letter dated 18/04/2008

I know the default will drop of after the 17th April 2011 as six years will have passed with no payment made towards the debt but what are Arrow Global playing at?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated on this matter

If it is not your debt you should challenge it with the CRA & send Arrow this;

Dear whovever

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

The copy of the letter dated 18/04/2008 states that Orange assigned all of its repective rights,title and interest to Arrow Global effective 19/12/2007

It then goes on to say "We will report this account as a defaulted account with the relevant credit reference agencies. We will do this not earlier than 28 days from the date of this letter. You should be aware that the exsistence of this default informaton may adversely affect your ability to obtain credit in the future. If you pay your account in full within 28 days from the date of this letter, then we will instead report the account as settled"

From my credit file the account was defaulted on the 17th April 2005 nearly three years before this letter was supposely sent.

So how can they say threaten to default the account 28 days later from the 18/04/2008 when it was already defaulted with Experian on the 17/04/2005

Many thanks for your help, so to get this straight Orange wold have registered the default on 17/04/2005 and then sold the debt to Arrow in at the end of 2007.

The copy of the letter from Arrow dated April 2008 is very misleading as it makes it look like the default hasnt been registered yet?

Am going to dispute the debt anyway, any other suggestions or suppose could just wait the 7 months till it "drops" off my credit file

Many thanks for your help, so to get this straight Orange wold have registered the default on 17/04/2005 and then sold the debt to Arrow in at the end of 2007.
Yes.
The copy of the letter from Arrow dated April 2008 is very misleading as it makes it look like the default hasnt been registered yet?
They are not particularly bright remember, they usually find difficulty in saying what they mean & meaning what they say. ;)
Am going to dispute the debt anyway, any other suggestions or suppose could just wait the 7 months till it "drops" off my credit file
If it's not your debt then yes dispute it, otherwise just play postal ping pong with them until it becomes Statute Barred.