• Tweets

• simply intended to be used against the plebs while those with chauffeurs knew it wouldn't apply to them Like Cummings trip to his parents home, which is also his second home while the plebs were told - don't or you'll be fined - and many were   As far as I am aware there are clauses in all the regs that make them advisory and open to interpretation aren't there?   If they aren't 'advisory' and interpretable,  lets see Cummings and Jenrick fined for travelling between homes during lockdown for starters
    • It'll be Dell technical not understanding consumer law most likely.   BF:  Agreed - Tech got back to me stating I could get a 12% discount on any future purchase before December (no idea why!).  Got a quote out of interest from Dell Sales live chat this morning and that same laptop comes to £3750.   I then asked the person who originally quoted me for the current one and they sent it back as £2995 so that with the 12% is £100 more than I paid for this.   I am tempted on just purchasing it and seeing what quality it has - if good, I can start pushing for them to just let me keep this and give me the £100  No skin of my shoulder and Amex are fully aware of the situation so they're fine with the constant sale/refunds showing up.   Let me see what comes out of this otherwise yes I think its direct action.  I just know the closer we get to the due date, the less time I will have for this issue   
    • Well hang on a minute. I'm just wondering what might happen if you accepted the money they got an offer and then sued for the 80 quid. Also I think that in any event, in view of the offer there making I think that it is worth addressing and the points he is making directly. I suggest that you wait a day while we work out a new form of words
    • The insurance we were offered was "GAP" insurance.. They called it Asset protection. We didn't take it out. It was not an extended warranty   I am sending a letter of claim now. Emailing it and sending by "signed for" in the morning. I'll give them 14 days as you suggested. Many thanks  
    • I don't think that there is any issue with Dell generally. I agree that exactly the same to the problems could happen with an Lenovo or an Asus or anything else. If you want a Dell then you should have a Dell and you should have it in perfect condition. I'm sure there are thousands – may be hundreds of thousands of people who have had a completely satisfactory experience. It seems to me that this is all going on too long and you need to be considering a more direct action
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3647 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

In the mid 90's I was involved in a business partnership and took out a secured loan (secured on my property), with Barclays Bank.

The house was jointly owned by myself and wife. She also signed the document relating to the charge on the property.

We did not actually live in the property and still don't.

In 2001 my wife died and the mortgage was paid off by the insurance element of the endowment. However the land registry obviously wouldn't release the deeds because of the charge.

It is 13 years since I have had any contact with Barclays, and I had hoped that the 12 year statute barred rule would kick in.

Having read the relevant part of the Limitations Act, I refer to the following;

(2) No foreclosure action in respect of mortgaged personal property shall be brought after the expiration of twelve years from the date on which the right to foreclose accrued.

But if the mortgagee was in possession of the mortgaged property after that date, the right to foreclose on the property which was in his possession shall not be treated as having accrued for the purposes of this subsection until the date on which his possession discontinued.

(3) The right to receive any principal sum of money secured by a mortgage or other charge and the right to foreclose on the property subject to the mortgage or charge shall not be treated as accruing so long as that property comprises any future interest or any life insurance policy which has not matured or been determined.

I take that to mean, so long as I have an interest in the property, the debt never becomes statute barred.

Can anyone confirm that my interpretation of that is correct?

A secured mortgage is covered by completely different rules as far as Statute Barring is concerned, Statute Barring is almost always for UNSECURED lending, however I am not an expert on the subject.

I think your interpretation (much better word than assumption here) is accurate - the mortgage on the property cannot become statute barred.