Timewitch

Thinking of doing a DMP

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3596 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there

I am thinking of starting a DMP with PayPlan but have a couple of questions.

I have a couple of debts that are quite old now - just under 6 years and I am no longer being chased for payment on them. I understand that these debts are unenforcable after 6 years. So should I declare them as part of my DMP?

I also have a credit card that although is personal I use exclusively for business travel and pay it off when my expenses are paid - it is completely up to date. Do I need to declare this as part of my DMP?

Any advise appreciated.

TW

Hi, sorry you were missed.

Hi there

I am thinking of starting a DMP with PayPlan but have a couple of questions.

I have a couple of debts that are quite old now - just under 6 years and I am no longer being chased for payment on them. I understand that these debts are unenforcable after 6 years. So should I declare them as part of my DMP?

YOU tell the DMP what you want to add. If you add the ones that are near SB, that is an acknowledgement of the debt and resets the SB clock to zero

I also have a credit card that although is personal I use exclusively for business travel and pay it off when my expenses are paid - it is completely up to date. Do I need to declare this as part of my DMP?

A DMP is to sort out your debts so I would think that you could mention it but not to add it to the DMP

Any advise appreciated.

TW

It may be easier to wait until the debts that are near the SB are over the finishing line-so to say.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Timewitch

I would list everything that your making payments on, the old debts are clearly in dispute as they haven't been paid. DMP aren't my strong point, just wait for the experts to confirm before taking any action, they will respond. Try to stick to one thread.