British Gas & Power Flush

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks and I've now read up to learn about the Magnabooster.

BG have been reasonable in taking off the £300 paid for the Magnabooster but I still suggest you find a local company by recommendation, which is always the best way to proceed.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Slick

Thanks. I have just heard from the tenants that the problem was isolated to the upper floor and the system is now working ok since the engineer attended. I am surpriised it was only the upper floor if the heat exchanger was blocked, but I am not a CH eningeer. I am in the process of putting a letter together to BG, because after finding info on magnabooster, I am questioning why the magnabooster has not done what their blurb states it should do. I agree that if at the end of the day I do have to pay, £444 (only £275 not the £300 I first stated) is a much better price, but their first quote of £719 is well over the top. I have looked on the Powerflush Association site and they state the insurance companies like BG charge £600+, but their members charge for 6 radiators is more like £300. I will continue on my quest. Thanks Chez

• 3 months later...
Hi I had a heat exchanger replaced a couple of years ago (under a BG Homecare Agreement) and then it went again not too long after, so I was told that they would only replace it again if I had a magnabooster fitted, so I did at a cost of approx £300. It appears that they decided the system did not need a powerflush at that time. the boiler was serviced in Jan 2013 (funny but i always get problems after they have serviced it) and a month later I am told the heat exchanger is blocked up and they have cleaned it and that I now need a power flush at a cost of £719. I called customer services and the girl I spoke to went off and came back and said after speaking to someone in the office they were surprised I had a problem just after two years. However, there was not enough info on system would get another engineer to go out to property. Got a call this morning that they would reduce the cost by the price of the charge they made for magnabooster, but it needed doing. Any ideas on how I can tackle this with BG. Thanks very much in advance for any advice you can give

I have a BG boiler, fitted by them and serviced by them every year, it leaked so I called them out, engineer looked at it said it was dead and I needed a new boiler not bad when had not even taken the cover off. When I got him to do that he stated that the heat exchanger had rusted, offered me £700 towards new boiler, after quote which still left me a £3000 bill , I told them no fix mine, they did and basically built a new boiler, then I got told my service contract would not pay out anymore due to sludge £800 to replace and I needed a magna cleaner , strange they fitted that last year, they have never topped up the inhibator so I said its your fault, also told me my header tank needed to be a single feed, told them that they fitted that. Guess what they no longer want to talk to me..........

Hi Dazb and welcome to CAG

Getting BG do do any work for you is always going to be expensive in my opinion and experience.

However, many folk prefer this to using total strangers from the phone book.

If you feel you've been given poor service by BG, ring and say you want a Field Manager to investigate and resolve your complaint.

:-D

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I have a BG boiler, fitted by them and serviced by them every year, it leaked so I called them out, engineer looked at it said it was dead and I needed a new boiler not bad when had not even taken the cover off. When I got him to do that he stated that the heat exchanger had rusted, offered me £700 towards new boiler, after quote which still left me a £3000 bill , I told them no fix mine, they did and basically built a new boiler, then I got told my service contract would not pay out anymore due to sludge £800 to replace and I needed a magna cleaner , strange they fitted that last year, they have never topped up the inhibator so I said its your fault, also told me my header tank needed to be a single feed, told them that they fitted that. Guess what they no longer want to talk to me..........

Hi

I have written and sent emails to various addresses and to date I have received no reply. In my letter I quoted some information from the advertising blurb for the magnabooster which stated that at the time of installation the engineer will determine whether a poweflush was required (one was not carried out so he deemed it not necessary) it also states that the magnabooster with collect the sludge and requires emptying at service. The service was carried out a month before and I was informed that all was ok with the system. If the booster had been emptied at the service I would have thought they would have seen excessive sludge and therefore, a problem, but they did not. The tentants have not complained since so I am assuming whatever they did when they were called out solved the problem.

I must try and follow up as they could have at least acknowledge my letters.

I agree that it is costly to maintain cental heating, but BG sell a homecare package for nearly £400 to cover repairs.

• 5 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks