Jodie V Natwest (I WILL win)

JodieB-1983
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Today I received a letter from Natwest saying that they would refund £612 as a gesture of goodwill (out of £1400) but I have to sign to say I take it as full settlement. I have heard about this but unsure what to do...I've been told to accept the refund but make it clear that I will be pursuing the rest of the money.

Is this right? And if so, can anyone point me in the direction of what letter to send back?? Thanks!

At last I can afford to get my car fixed and back on the road. :D

Ok, I sent back a letter saying that I accept the refund but am pursuing the rest of it, etc. They have written back to say that that's the best they can do and the £612 is there for me if I want it...I'm tempted just to take it and consider it done and dusted as I really need the money, but I can't make up my mind.

Also, they put in the letter a rather interesting paragraph..."Much of the recent media coverage on bank charges has been fuelled by the Office of Fair Trading investigation earlier this year, but that was limited to administration charges on credit card accounts and did not extend to bank charges". Is this true???

The OFT said that even £12 was on the high on credit card charges. The decision is yours but you will get back everything. If you need the money, £612 as opposed to 0 is a good amount to WIN.

Thanks for responding! Do you know if their policy is to close accounts is charges are reclaimed? I live in my overdraft of £1250 and am worried they will insist on closing the account and me repaying the overdraft straight away...Can you give me any info on that?

If I do decide to proceed, how do I go about arranging a court date etc? I have read the FAQs, but to be honest I feel a little thick as it doesn't seem to explain it. I really want to get on with it pronto so any help would be appreciated.

This site has been so helpful. I will definitely be donating that 5%!