Studio Cards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I realise that I'm very behind everyone else with regards to Studio, but I wondered if anyone could please help me. I've had an account with Studio since 2005. At the end of last year I developed an illness and had to take sick leave from work. I informed Studio of this and received nothing. In dec 09 I received a letter from them basically saying it was going to a DCA with all the usual threats so I wrote to them asking for help. I've received no response to my letters. In jan/feb 2010 I received a letter from moorcroft basically with the old threats in it so I made payments. Today a man of roughly late 60s and in the ugliest tattiest jumper I've ever seen knocked on my door. He had no ID and offered no name BUT he shouted at me to get my tiny yorkie away from him and a few other comments. He then proceeded to point to a tiny scrap of paper saying he was calling with regards to studio and there was an outstanding balance of £190. When I told him it was paid by DD he asked for a number and said he d call me. No call as yet. Can anyone help me with this please? I'm housebound and it was just me and my toddler when he came to the door. I'm quite confused about what to do.

Thanks

lynne x

Hi and welcome Lynne,

Rule 1, try not to use your real name on here.

Rule 2, stop worrying.

Rule 3, CCA the beggers - they wont have one.

You will find a CCA template letter here. http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

Amend to suit, and send it by reocrded delivery and NEVER sign a letter to a dca, always print it.

I would also send them this one, http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/591-dca-home-visit-if-you-receive-or-are-threatened-with-a-doorstep-visit-

Rule 4 is Never speak to a dca on the phone, always correspond in writing so that you have a paper trail.

I will ask a member of site team to start you a thread of your own with this problem and you will get all the help and advice you need.

If they send anybody else to your house, do not speak to them. You are entitled to ring the police and have them removed. just tell the police that you feel threatened. These people have absolutly no powers over you.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Thank you so much. I've been in a state ever since the knock on my door. Being sworn at over my dog, having a man show no ID and just say it was about Studio and then storm off really shook me up.

I can't thank you enough for your help. I will send the letters tomorrow to them. I wish I'd never used Studio. I felt so alone today and so scared but now I see there are people out there who will help.

I will let you know how I get on.

There is always somebody about on here LT. Send the CCA to Moorcroft, I forgot to say that you need to enclose a £1 postal order.

Do you have somebody there who can get to the post office for you tomorrow?

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

My husband has said he ll post the letters first thing tomorrow morning for me as I'm not allowed to leave the house on my own and definitely not with our little boy. Now the calls from moorcroft have started. I've had about 12 since that man knocked on my door yesterday. I'm just shocked at their approach to people. It really is quite scary.

Which letter does the £1 postal order need to be sent with so I can put a post it note on it for hubby to follow?

I really am so grateful to you all for your help. They make you feel scared and intimidated when you're trying to sort it all out with Studio directly who never reply! What an awful company. I ll be glad to see the back of them!

LT xx

I ll definitely not sign the letters and I'll pop a post it on to make sure hubby gets it right.

Maybe I ll be able to relax over the weekend once these are sent?!? I hope so. Is it a legal requirement that all agents acting on behalf of a company/DCA must present their ID before going into the purpose of their visit??

Thank you. I ll definitely not sign the letters and I'll pop a post it on to make sure hubby gets it right.

Maybe I ll be able to relax over the weekend once these are sent?!? I hope so. Is it a legal requirement that all agents acting on behalf of a company/DCA must present their ID before going into the purpose of their visit??

Is it a legal requirement that all agents acting on behalf of a company/DCA must present their ID before going into the purpose of their visit??
There is no requirement for you to even open the door to them, they have no authority with or without an I.D card... no more than a window cleaner, in fact once told to leave they will be trespassing if they didn't.

12 calls in 24 hours is deffinately not acceptable. Send them both of these letters by recorded delivery, again do not sign them.

Log the calls as this is slowly becoming harassment.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/52-harassment

One is regarding telephone harassment and the other is telling them that you MAY record the calls. I would pop them both in the same envelope to save on postage.

They will probably write to you saying that they can ring you but you are not allowed to record them..............it's all wind and water. Once they know there is even the slimmest chance that you could record them your number should be taken off the auto dialer, because the powers that be cannot trust the phone jockeys to behave. :smile:

You need to hear what they said on the phone to us tonight, I think they have broken a couple of DPA laws. Huggy has got permission to upload it on here. Will post the link here when he has done it!

i need to edit some info as regards my name and address and her name (but if you like a quiz her name is the same as the time between midnight and sun rise ) she has broken 1 dpa law and as she was reading my file on their computer it seems they have the wrong info on my file . will i be speaking to them again ??? oh yes just to record them as the letters we sent them tell them that we record all calls and therefore do not have to advise them otherwise.(it is in very small print) but it's there.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS