• Tweets

• Not sure about the lease read through all the documents i have and couldnt find anything about parking. Contacted the management Office to get a copy sent to me. When i complained to them about the ticket they told me to appeal so they clearly don't care.      and yes it's a gated underground parking area with key fob entry. 
    • The coronavirus pandemic has thrown many countries into recession - but what exactly is it and how could it affect you? View the full article
    • Oh and before bed   Officially leaked statements about a PHE report claiming that a UK study will say there is little evidence of children transmitting Covid.   Leakers stats look impressive until you realise he's on Johnson's SAGE so makes you think - huh - hows that then when all the science I've seen says different, and there are a number of reports of spreads in schools across the world from schools that had opened.   Then, little as the information 'leaked' is, you see   "largest studies in the world on coronavirus in schools" and then "The study was carried out in 100 institutions in the UK and is expected to be published later this year. About 20,000 pupils and teachers in 100 schools across England were tested to monitor the spread of the disease up to the end of the summer term – which runs from April-July in Britain."   Then you click. That averages 200 pupils and staff per 'institution' checked We dont know what these institutions are, but I think over 200 is the average for infants schools. Other schools tend to be FAR larger. Did they test everyone at each institution, or just some ??? we don't know yet - they are choosing not to leak that - Wonder why?   We currently understand that younger children (pre teenage) seem to present few/less symptoms  (statistically) but large increases in teenager covid has been reported as lockdowns ease and they start to meet more.   I know my OH's grandson (mother a nurse) has remained at school in classes one third or less that normal, with the majority of kids having front line worker parents - so well aware of the discipline and hygiene necessary. We know the schools maintain distancing, monitoring and maintenance which would be IMPOSSIBLE in normal class sizes.   So in a lock down situation, with class sizes significantly lower than normal (highly aware front-line workers kids mainly), increased distancing and cleaning made possible by SIGNIFICANTLY smaller class sizes - Has maybe resulted in no great evidence of covid spread perhaps?   Well Whoopy do. Lets ramp the class sizes back up to 30+ and see what happens ..     Lets let the mail lead the way Coronavirus infection rates are rising in ALL age groups under 65, Public Health England data shows with biggest surge in under-fives which 'should be watched very carefully' https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8615423/Coronavirus-infection-rates-rising-age-groups-65-Public-Health-England-data-shows.html     and the ONS stats showing how similar the stats are (a statistically significant  difference can be very little actual difference)   https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19infectionsinthecommunityinengland/july2020     Notes: These statistics refer to infections reported in the community, by which we mean private households. These figures exclude infections reported in hospitals, care homes or other institutional settings.  
    • i understand and agree you should write a formal letter of complaint about the email by royal mail.   i also think you should totally dispute the arrears balance, esp as it goes back so long   send them an sar and add to the text in it that you want statements/bills dating back to the gb energy a/c.
    • When you see the reports coming out that serco was involved from the earliest stages apparently to give expertise   and that resulted in 18 million plus people coming back into the UK untested from hotspots .. and then even the general advice to self isolate after they had travelled across the UK home being withdrawn in the run-up to the lock down   That went well says cummings      
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
asteroid

Help !!!! Insurance firm refusing to pay

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3605 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello Guys, we just found ourselves in problem with the insurance firm. The story is we bought a Glass table from Harveys in April 2008 and with it bought the insurance too for 5 yrs (please see the attached cert front and back). Nearly 2 wks a go I was trying to cover the hole in the ceiling and by doing so the lader wobbled and during this the hamer dropped on the table which chipped the glass size of 10 pence and few very small cracks around it. I phoned the Insurance firm (Leather Master) and explained the incident. They arranged for the technician to visit on 23rd Sept. On 22nd Sept. while i was out, my wife was at home with our 2yr old son. My wife was busy in kitchen and my son somehow managed to pull out adjustable spanner and hit on the glass table which caused the glass into pieces. Again I reported to insurance firm (Leather Master). Their technician came on 23rd Sept. and asked me the cause of glass break. I told him the whole lot and the technician put the report as Accidental Damage.

Today I received a letter from Leather Master stating they are refusing to go ahead with claim because in their policy (Terms & Conditions) it states a damage caused by childern is not covered and is excluded. I read the T&C and did not find any statement in Exclusions regarding children. I phoned the insurance firm and they pointed out under "Exclusions"

(para 3.3) 'any damage, soiling or staining caused'

(sub Para) 'to the insured item(s) arising from negligence by you'

I told the leather master operator that none of the statements imply to children but only to the policy holder. That stupid operator said that you people neglected your child and due to this negligence the claim is refused. I am fuming with her statement and want to take them to court, but unfortunately my financial situations dont allow me to, plus same reason I can not afford solicitor's fee as I am in a part time job.

I would be greatful for and advice and help by you guys.

Insurance Cert-Front1.jpg

Insurance Cert-Back1.jpg

You could go to the FOS about Leather Master declining the claim, but you would need to write to them with a complaint first, saying that this is what you intend to do. Ask them for their final response in writing.

Have you spoken to your Home Insurers?

Edited by unclebulgaria67

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You could go to the FOS about Leather Master declining the claim, but you would need to write to them with a complaint first, saying that this is what you intend to do. Ask them for their final response in writing.

Have you spoken to our Home Insurers?

Thank you unclebulgaria, No i have not spoken or asked for help from Home Insurers. I tried to look for category Home Insurers but could not find it. Any chance of letting me know under what category I would find it. Thanks

Meant have you spoken to your Home Insurance company. Have you got accidental damage cover on your Contents Insurance. If you have it would depend on the excess and future premium increases as to whether it was worth it or not.

Suggest that you make a complaint to Leather Master in writing by recorded delivery and if they won't budge go to the FOS. Sometimes if an Insurers knows you will go to the FOS, they will often settle. If a policyholder goes to the FOS, the Insurers gets charged a £500 case fee and it costs the policyholder nothing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread