• Tweets

• Retailers and Hermes. I have a parcel that’s saying delivered but not arrived. This dates back two weeks. The retailer won’t contact Hermes but Hermes are saying I need to let the retailer know my package hasn’t arrived - as the contract is between them and Hermes, not me. I am going around in circles. Retailer just says here is the tracking and won’t acknowledge the parcel hasn’t arrived! 🤬 Paid for by credit card. Any advice, please help
    • We have to have all the facts of course, otherwise we cannot give proper advice.   Sadly, in my opinion the EA has it right this time, by the 18th , the car had been sold. The bailiff can say you failed to update your address, which is an offence by the way.  The car was seized on a highway, so they would have left it for two hours with a notice, then they entitled to remove it.   The notice you received(valuation) seems to cover all the requirements of part 39 and 40 of the act.   They should notify you of course of the current financial situation, how much is outstanding if  anything dispersion of proceeds  etc, I would write to them and the creditor about that. But otherwise....    
    • We'd love to help you – you haven't given us any details about the story and you seem to have posted a link or a file which we can't access. I suggest that you start again on a new thread and tell us the story.
    • Handcock explains the latest dictates   'We are seeing far too may people requesting tests, 3-4 times our claimed capacity for tests, which means only 1 in 10 of those who think they need a tests can get a test so tests must NOT be wasted on on people like children and teachers who have homes and families to go to each day let alone food market workers who meet dozens or hundreds of the public each day   and although the vast majority of people are not only obeying prior rules from yesterday, the day before that, the day before that, the morning before that (rare) and the evening before that x2 (most common) - going back through the daily, and sometimes multiple per evening edicts over the last month or two, there are still a few who entirely unreasonably think its OK to:   * Go back into your crowded place of work while infected * Travel across the country whether to second homes or beauty spots * Play loud ABBA music over 85 decibels, especially dancing queen   - Such people clearly and obviously must be immediately punished with at least a large fine and support and those who abuse the nation by doing any of the above more than once should clearly get exponentially increasing fines as any reasonable person would understand .     Where do people get the idea these are reasonable or moral things to do? he quipped.
    • Northampton is central admin centre Court when claims are submitted online. Later in the process, the actual local Court that will feature any hearing is decided between parties.   For these motor Insurance claims, the Insurance companies usually settle before any Court hearing. Issuing the Court claim focuses minds on negotiating an agreed settlement. 
  • Our picks

• Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

My final year at Uni... dissertation topic

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3653 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

Can you believe it, I have just started my final year at Uni. Filled with dread and excitement at the same time. Being grumpy with the children, laptop taking residence on the dining room table and stressing over getting a parking space in the mornings!

Anyway, I'm basing my Dissertation on some educational research I did last year on 'Reward Systems in Schools and Pupil Behaviour.' (I'm planning on becoming a Primary school teacher within a couple of years once I've been accepted and complete my PGCE).

I would love to hear views from anyone (might be opening a can of worms here) with any insights on reward systems in primary schools.

For example: do they motivate/demotivate children; are we creating an invisible band of children who behave; are schools become reliant on reward systems instead of identifying behavioural issues etc

Any comments, gratefully received, as always,

Tex xx

x:)x

Guest Cartaphilus

None except ... my disertation ended up being a nightmare. :D But only because I tied myself in knots, but then realized too late I had chosen the wrong thing to write about. Good luck with yours.

Oh no, what a mare! I don't believe I've still got 4 modules to do on top of the Dissertation! Anyway, deep breathing and gonna start as soon as I've got this week (my first week back) out of the way!

Thxs Carta

Guest Cartaphilus

My university changed the course structure, right at the end of the year (within weeks of it finishing). Not a clue why, but they did. So, asides from choosing the wrong dissertation, it through everyone on the course in a panic. If I had it to do again, I wouldn't. But only because I should have chosen a much stronger course, perhaps social issues which I have learned over the years I am far more interested in than the course I did choose.

In hindsight, think I would have chosen the BA Ed degree rather than doing what I'm doing now, but at the time I wanted to be an Ed. Psych so chose Joint Honours degree doing Education Studies and Psychology. Anyway, after my first year I realised I actually wanted to be a teacher, so am majoring in Ed. Studies. On the down side, it means having to do another year on the PGCE to gain a Qualified Teacher Status.

Maz - good luck to your daughter :) x

Guest Cartaphilus

Mine would perhaps more than likely have been Criminology if I had known about it at the time, in fact someone at Salford University was very keen for me to attend his course after contacting them but also tried to get me some employment with the university under my other degree, which is also BA. I have an insatiable thirst if you like to understand things.

Sounds brill! I'm hoping to do my Masters at some point... the PGCE now carries credits towards it so if I can do this whilst teaching I may just do that! Ultimately, I would like to have a Doctorate LOL!

Dr. Tex sounds good to me (obviously not my real name!)

Hello Texanbar!

Good to see you. If I have any thoughts on the mind of a child I will share it with you, as I feel I haven't moved on too much from my childhood, maybe it won't be too long before I can contribute. Lol!!

X

Hiya back, hope you're well! You're bonkers but in a lovely sort of way. I still think I'm 18 then I see the younger students sitting next to me and I know I'm not!

See you soon

Hello Texanbar!

Good to see you. If I have any thoughts on the mind of a child I will share it with you, as I feel I haven't moved on too much from my childhood, maybe it won't be too long before I can contribute. Lol!!

X