My final year at Uni... dissertation topic

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Can you believe it, I have just started my final year at Uni. Filled with dread and excitement at the same time. Being grumpy with the children, laptop taking residence on the dining room table and stressing over getting a parking space in the mornings!

Anyway, I'm basing my Dissertation on some educational research I did last year on 'Reward Systems in Schools and Pupil Behaviour.' (I'm planning on becoming a Primary school teacher within a couple of years once I've been accepted and complete my PGCE).

I would love to hear views from anyone (might be opening a can of worms here) with any insights on reward systems in primary schools.

For example: do they motivate/demotivate children; are we creating an invisible band of children who behave; are schools become reliant on reward systems instead of identifying behavioural issues etc

Any comments, gratefully received, as always,

Tex xx

x:)x

Guest Cartaphilus

None except ... my disertation ended up being a nightmare. :D But only because I tied myself in knots, but then realized too late I had chosen the wrong thing to write about. Good luck with yours.

Oh no, what a mare! I don't believe I've still got 4 modules to do on top of the Dissertation! Anyway, deep breathing and gonna start as soon as I've got this week (my first week back) out of the way!

Thxs Carta

Guest Cartaphilus

My university changed the course structure, right at the end of the year (within weeks of it finishing). Not a clue why, but they did. So, asides from choosing the wrong dissertation, it through everyone on the course in a panic. If I had it to do again, I wouldn't. But only because I should have chosen a much stronger course, perhaps social issues which I have learned over the years I am far more interested in than the course I did choose.

In hindsight, think I would have chosen the BA Ed degree rather than doing what I'm doing now, but at the time I wanted to be an Ed. Psych so chose Joint Honours degree doing Education Studies and Psychology. Anyway, after my first year I realised I actually wanted to be a teacher, so am majoring in Ed. Studies. On the down side, it means having to do another year on the PGCE to gain a Qualified Teacher Status.

Maz - good luck to your daughter :) x

Guest Cartaphilus

Mine would perhaps more than likely have been Criminology if I had known about it at the time, in fact someone at Salford University was very keen for me to attend his course after contacting them but also tried to get me some employment with the university under my other degree, which is also BA. I have an insatiable thirst if you like to understand things.

Sounds brill! I'm hoping to do my Masters at some point... the PGCE now carries credits towards it so if I can do this whilst teaching I may just do that! Ultimately, I would like to have a Doctorate LOL!

Dr. Tex sounds good to me (obviously not my real name!)

Hiya back, hope you're well! You're bonkers but in a lovely sort of way. I still think I'm 18 then I see the younger students sitting next to me and I know I'm not!

See you soon

Hello Texanbar!

Good to see you. If I have any thoughts on the mind of a child I will share it with you, as I feel I haven't moved on too much from my childhood, maybe it won't be too long before I can contribute. Lol!!

X