jonnyw6969

My Credit file and Cabot

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3595 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys,

Just need some advice really.

Im trying to sort out a mortgage at the moment and finding it very difficult with the status of my credit report.

I have looked through my equifax report and my call credit report. I have to admit I have some outstanding debt which Im going to have to deal with some how, but my concern is that i have 3 accounts that are un settled on my equifax report from Egg. Then on my call credit report I have 3 new entry for these 3 debts from Cabot Financial.

I am confused. Has Egg sold these debts onto Cabot? How can Cabot put entrys on there as well? If the debt has been sold to Cabot doesnt that mean that the original entrys on my equifax report should say SETTLED?

Can someone shed some light on this for me please.

Thanks,

J

Hi Jonny

Are you saying you have 3 entries on one credit agency that show as Egg and these same 3 on another agency show Cabot as the owner?

Normally when debts are sold to a DCA the DCA takes over the reporting to the credit agencies and replaces the entry of the original creditor with their name but the default date SHOULD NOT change. Have you ever received anything from CABOT stating that they now own these accounts? have they chased you for repayments?

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.