Equifax - Can't get credit report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

I'm trying to sort out my fairly serious debt problem and have spent the last few weeks working out the best way of dealing with my creditors. The problem is I can't even get round to dealing with them because of Equifax.

I sent a request for a statutory credit report 5 weeks ago along with the postal order (which has now presumably been cashed). The first time I sent it I did it recorded delivery. It gone returned to me as 'Undelivered'. I again sent another request with the same postal order by first class (I had no income at the time) and two weeks later got a request for further identity requirements. The option was to upload my supporting documents over the internet or send them by post. So I actually did both. To be honest, they requested a utility bill with my name and address on and I don't have any so I sent them a copy of bank statements, driving license and passport.

It's now been three weeks since I sent it back and I've heard nothing. I tried to call through to Equifax but the menus send me round in circles and it's now added another £3.50 on to my Mom's phone bill without getting to speak to anybody. I have a code that was emailed to me when I uploaded my ID onto their website but no way of contacting anybody to provide it.

I've been receiving debt collectors letters since I returned to the UK 6 weeks ago but still can't begin to tackle them without my credit report. Does anybody have any idea who I can contact or how I can get this report without being suckered into Equifax's online paid for service. I don't need the hassle of not being able to cancel it afterwards. Surely there must be a body who regulates Equifax. I know people have problems changing stuff added to their reports but I can't even get mine to see what's happened.

Many thanks everyone..... frustration is with Equifax, not the CAG forums, so sorry if I seem a bit irate.

Here is a link to their non-premium phone numbers: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?278423-Equifax-alternative-telephone-numbers-non-premium.

They have all been tested by myself and work. Use the 0800 one.

You can apply online for a statutory credit report, its a one off payment of £2 and you get instant access if you don't want to do the 30 day free trial.

If they are asking for additional info, you may not be able to get an instant online report, but if you ring them they will advise you of that before your start the online application.

HB

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Thanks Huggy's Boss. The phone number is a big help. Had to look quite hard for the online statutory report link though, it's not so obvious that that option is there and they obviously want to push their 'free' option a little harder on people.

Thanks again.