Need to strike off business, tax outstanding- Pls Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am planning to now wind up my ltd company before filing my 2nd year of accounts (which is due by December 2012). I cannot afford my CT tax if I file my accounts and there's no way out of it.

1. I last traded in November, can I still file for strike off of my ltd company?

2. If allowed to file for strike off now, would HMRC chase me for the accounts I havnt filed?

3. If not allowed for strike off but only until 3 months of non-trading have passed, would HMRC object to my strike off after 3 months have passed, as I've not filed my accounts?

Many thanks guys, Ive just become penniless and just want to start fresh and learn from my mistakes.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please see answers below in red

1. I last traded in November, can I still file for strike off of my ltd company? No you have to have not traded for 3 months

2. If allowed to file for strike off now, would HMRC chase me for the accounts I havnt filed? HMRC won't but Companies House will. Tell them y ou intend to apply for a strike off after 3 months

3. If not allowed for strike off but only until 3 months of non-trading have passed, would HMRC object to my strike off after 3 months have passed, as I've not filed my accounts? They might but you still don't have to file your accounts. The reason they will object to the strike-odfff will be that they believe tax is owed not that accounts haven't been filed