• Tweets

• Hello just asking,? I purchased a discount new cooker as it had cosmetic damage, paid £250 After a few days I noticed the fan never went off, I contacted the company and they finally collected the cooker and took it away, ( for 7 days)  And fixed it, It never seamt right? It steamed up in the clock panel and the oven door was mis-lined It had multiple dints in the sides Top panel missing on the door to stop food dropping in, Shelving didn’t fit well Then main fan started to rattle and tap I put up with all this as it was *discounted Then one day whilst cooking we could smell a funny smell  Turns out the wires had melted on the back of cooker  I contacted the company again and it took a lot of phone calls to try and get the problem dealt with, speaking to several different staff.... I wanted a refund or replacement  I had had the cooker 6 months just! I asked for a refund or replacement  I contacted trading standards and citizens advice and they advised me what steps to take! Finally the company offered to replace the cooker, then later changed! As they explained that nothing came in to replace it they were too damaged! ( been told they buy at auction damaged) They wanted to look at the cooker and inspect the damage themselves, so I agreed they collected the cooker, No update, or communication I had to constantly chase them up  Nothing was sorted out with 7 days we had no cooker, I threatened Trading standards were now involved  Last thing on a Friday in June they rang to say I can collect the cooker it’s fixed!!!! I had expressed all along I didn’t feel safe using this cooker anymore with my family  I didn’t want this cooker fixing again ( by whom)  They started to blame me and said I should be grateful they aren’t charging me for the repair!! Still today in August this is not resolved  Trading standards have been useless  Citizens advice have told me to take them to small claims court!???? I have had to purchase another cooker  As I’ve been left without one. I am in a vulnerable situation in life, Im a carer for my husband and have children and have no one to help me sort this mess out!  I am struggling with making the county court claim ? What shall I do? ( sorry for long message) ✨
    • The committee's report is pretty damning, isn't it? The Home Office refused to supply the scientific evidence it said its decisions were based on and you can possibly see Demonic's hand in this - he has form for ignoring select committees.
    • and that facts start to come out 'Inexplicable' failure to quarantine travellers to the UK made pandemic 'far worse', say MPs UK ‘almost unique’ in rejecting border checks in crucial March period – without scientific basis – as hundreds of infected passengers arrived every day   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-uk-quarantine-travel-cases-deaths-covid-a9653451.html   "Strikingly, it says the Home Office refused to set out any scientific advice to explain the “grave error”, despite repeatedly promising to do so – a stance attacked as “completely unacceptable”."   So even aside from not testing in any way people who returned: "Yvette Cooper, the committee’s chair, said the critical mistake was the decision on 13 March – 10 days before lockdown – “to remove all self-isolation guidance for travellers arriving in the UK”."   "The MPs also pour scorn on the Home Office’s argument that 99.9 per cent of arrivals are obeying requirements to quarantine for two weeks, finally introduced in June. They describe the claim, made by home secretary Priti Patel as “unreliable”, because it appeared to be based only a limited number of compliance checks made and three fines issued."       So not only did Johnsons cronies NOT make any efforts whatsoever to test people returning, and NOT properly check people were self isolating, they actually stopped telling returnees to self isolate for 10 days before the country was locked down as the number of epidemic infections exploded.   Wonder why?   "The committee’s inquiry heard that, in the crucial 10 days between scrapping isolation guidance and the lockdown, up to 10,000 infected people arrived."  
    • You can pay on the day of travel or by midnight the next charging day..   Appeal to TfL on the grounds that you have already paid within the allowed time and enclose proof of payment.
    • Hi Andy should  try to sttle for A minimum f&F ?? Also what happens to older credit card debts in probate that we have all discarded??
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
rhutchinson08

Car towed from private property = £430!!! Please help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3319 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I parked on private property which my friend parked on previously (with no punishment) and my car was towed costing me £430 to get it back. I know I was stupid but I think this is extortinate, these guys are crooks!!! I parked my car up around 9pm and my car was towed at 10:58pm. I am pregnant and was doing my friends a favour by giving them a lift to Leeds for a birthday night out. I was charged £100 clamping, £240 towing, £45 storage for storage sat night (which would have been less than an hour) and then £45 storage sunday - wasnt able to get my car until 12pm because thats when they were available to give it back. So I paid £90 storage for approx 12 hours not 2 days!!!! I had to meet a guy in a white van, follow him to the pound and pay in cash. The night before I had to get a taxi back to Halifax for £50 also. I am currently unemployed and taking a break from training to be a nurse whilst I am pregnant. The money I used to pay this was my savings for the baby. I am absolutely devastated. Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Moved to Parking Forum.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I am appealing on unfair grounds how does this letter look.........

My vehicle was towed away from Riverside Court, Leeds on Saturday 25th September 2010 at 10:58pm and I have already paid the fee of £430 under protest to have my car released. I believe the fee was unreasonable and I am now writing to demand a refund for the following as according to the Unfair Consumer Contract Regulations the fine is disproportionate to the cost to the landowner during the period the vehicle was parked there. I was charged for clamping of which I have no evidence this ever occurred, towing and 2 days storage for a maximum of 12.5 hours. Immobilising and towing a vehicle within a 3 hour period and charging for both is seen as unreasonable by the British Parking Association’s Code of Practice.

I am a law abiding citizen and I made an honest mistake and paying for this has had detrimental effects as I am unemployed and pregnant. If you do not refund me this fee I will be left with no choice but to take further action in the small claims court as I believe the charges I have paid are unfair and the courts will therefore rule in my favour.

I look forward for a full response to this letter within 14 days.

I would title the letter as:

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

I would leave out the bit about being a law abiding citizen, I would also leave out the bit about the court ruling in your favour, just stick to the basics and you will be fine.

They will in all probality ignore your letter make sure you carry out your threat of legal action.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

exactly the same thing happened to me last sat/ sun morning 28/11/10, they still have my car but i have a very good solicitor who is making case and taking them to the court, what was the outcome of your claim?

do you remember where you went to get your car?

appreciate any help

Are there any signs at the location?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Hi,

I parked on private property which my friend parked on previously (with no punishment) and my car was towed costing me £430 to get it back. I know I was stupid but I think this is extortinate, these guys are crooks!!! I parked my car up around 9pm and my car was towed at 10:58pm. I am pregnant and was doing my friends a favour by giving them a lift to Leeds for a birthday night out. I was charged £100 clamping, £240 towing, £45 storage for storage sat night (which would have been less than an hour) and then £45 storage sunday - wasnt able to get my car until 12pm because thats when they were available to give it back. So I paid £90 storage for approx 12 hours not 2 days!!!! I had to meet a guy in a white van, follow him to the pound and pay in cash. The night before I had to get a taxi back to Halifax for £50 also. I am currently unemployed and taking a break from training to be a nurse whilst I am pregnant. The money I used to pay this was my savings for the baby. I am absolutely devastated. Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

I was clamped and then towed in less than 2 hours in Leeds city centre by a company called JD Parking Consultants Ltd. I called them immediately and they were already adding a charge for 1 days storage! A grand total of £385! While I know charges can be levied, charging for clamping and then towing AND storage in under 2 hours is excessive.

I've issued a claim against them and managed to get my car back but the issue of charges will be dealt with in court in January. I've met these guys and seen how their operation works and it really isn't justifiable that they charge such unreasonable fees!

I was hoping that there might be others out there with similar experiences??? Anyone who feels that they paid but wish they hadn't or anyone who's been through a claim process?? I could be able to help with free legal advice and claim your money back. If other people show that they've also been charged out of proportion amounts then it will really help our case but also show these guys that they can't do this to people and be so smug about it.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice guys!

Hi

I was clamped and then towed in less than 2 hours in Leeds city centre by a company called JD Parking Consultants Ltd. I called them immediately and they were already adding a charge for 1 days storage! A grand total of £385! While I know charges can be levied, charging for clamping and then towing AND storage in under 2 hours is excessive.

I've issued a claim against them and managed to get my car back but the issue of charges will be dealt with in court in January. I've met these guys and seen how their operation works and it really isn't justifiable that they charge such unreasonable fees!

I was hoping that there might be others out there with similar experiences??? Anyone who feels that they paid but wish they hadn't or anyone who's been through a claim process?? I could be able to help with free legal advice and claim your money back. If other people show that they've also been charged out of proportion amounts then it will really help our case but also show these guys that they can't do this to people and be so smug about it.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice guys!

Well I have asked a fairly basic question (post #7) which hasn't been answered either by yourself or the OP of the thread. We can only give advice if we get the full picture. it would also be interesting to know if the OP was clamped by the same firm at the same location as all she stated was 'in Leeds'.

Anyway, i've had a look on street view of Riverside Court and it appears to be a cul-de-sac with DYLs along it's entire length on both sides. The actual road appears to be adopted (public highway) and I can see an arch-way entrance into a buliding which appears to be flats. Either side of the entrance are 2 signs which are quite prominant and state that its a 24 hour clamping zone with a release fee of £100. Unfortunately I cannot make out the small print on the signs or see any mention of towing. In any event, if the road iteslf is where you were parked and I am right in thinking that the road is not private, then not only were you illegally clamped, but illegally towed as well. IF however, you were parked beyond the signs (through the archway) then unlerss it states 'towing' on the signs, all they are 'entitled' to do is clamp.

Please Note

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please Note

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.