• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome Finance any storys

breadline
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some stories on here, noobrider that is shocking and im sure ive read elsewhere of someone having the exact same thing happen to them as you, treacle dad 56 phone calls in 5 weeks that is incredible, i would have snapped by then,lol.

Im now going to tackle them, will start a new thread for my story, they are very aggresive in what they do and so incompetant.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just looking at the contract and I can't fint he bit to tell me how many points of insurance I was sold.

Any ideas?

NatWest:

6/6/06 - Data Protection Act sent - £10 paid.

8/6/06 - Data Protection Act & £10 signed for.

29/6/06 - Statements received.

30/6/06 - Prelim letter £1397.94

11/7/06 - Prelim letter rejected

12/7/06 - Sent LBA

18/7/06 - LBA Rejected

24/7/06 - Moneyclaim £1779.56

31/8/06 - AQ Received

1/9/06 - Sent AQ + £100 (New Total: £1879.56)

16/9/06 - Received Cobbetts AQ

19/9/06 - Offer £1000 (Rejected)

22/9/06 - Settled in FULL £1879.56 (with disclosure)

Capital One:

6/6/06 - Data Protection Act sent

1/9/06 - Settled in FULL £775.37 (Default NOT removed)

Hi Delorean

Best thing to do then is take the amount you paid in insurance and try to get some info from the branch ( spit).

Each unit used to be the same amount. just timed 2 .3or 4 times.

I still think getting a friend to posse as a potential customer to get this insurance info is the best ideal.

They could ask what they would need, what it covers and get it pinned down.

another way may be to say you are ill, off work and need to make a claim that way you may get the insurance telephone number and then the insurance office may tell you what insurnace you purchased. you dont have to make the claim just dont fill teh forms and dont send them back.

sorry I havent got any other thoughts.

Im as stuck with trying to get info out of other financial institutes turns out they are all as bad as one another.:(

keep trying

BL:)

• 1 year later...

I got a loan for £10000, £2000 was to pay an existing loan with them. The repayments were £282 for ten years (ridiculous i know), after three years of payments (£10152 later) i asked for a settlement as we sold our house, the settlement was an astonishing £13099.95. Is this legal it seems alot we paid over £23000 for a £10000 loan and were missold insurance which i am trying to get back

• 2 weeks later...

checkout my thread of the court hearing in which i got trounced by welcome (search MCFADWMC). included was a claim for Penalty interest which the judge said he could not decide upon as it was being considered by OFt in their case. which it isn't but oh well

anyway, the interest calculations and rules are contained within consumer credit early settlement reg 1983 or consumer credit ealry settlement regs 2004 depending on when your laon was taken out. 1st is for loans before 31st may 2005 second is for those taken after.

if you pm me with the following details i'll work it out for you

1.loan start date

2.amount borrowed

3.fees

4.insurances

5.total interest charged

6.number of payments made before settlement

7.total number of payments the agreement was originally over

Welcome finance are currently driving me mad

I've had a change in my financial circumstances since taking out my loan and have been in contact with the National Debt helpine who have advised me to write to Welcome telling them of my situation and enclose a budget sheet with what I can now afford to pay. I have now sent them 3 copies of the same letter and have had no response. I have also sent them a letter 4 times telling them that I moved address in November 2007 and they keep sending letters to my old address (my parents) saying that they have had no payment off my etc etc and are charging my account £10 for each letter sent.

I've been told by the NDH to not communicate with them by telephone but I'm getting nowhere with sending letters. I'm 4 1/2 months pregnant and getting really stressed out about it which is not good for me.

KellyDJ

One thing you could do (we did this with Clydesdale Financial Services -see link in my signature) is to start a claim for unlawful charges for the £10s they have chanrged for letters. These are no less contract penalties than bank charges are.

They call them letter charges but there is no way it costs them £10 - the computer writes it, outs it in the envelope and stamps it. The only human effort is putting it in the post and I expect Royal Mail does that bit. The letters are obviously in response to your breach of contract and are therefore contract penalties. Calling them letter charges makes them disguised penalites under OFT definitions.

My advice would be to top them up and send a slightly modified prelim letter from the bank templates library and follow up with an LBA in two weeks' time.

I really hope someone can help me as im desparate for some sound advice on dealing with welcome finance.

I really don't know where to start.

3 weeks my partner signed a contract with welcome to buy a car from an independant dealer.

A week later, they said that the paperwork was not complete and we had not signed certain documents that we should have at the dealers premises so they emailed them to us to sign.

A week later they "claimed" they had sent the money to the dealer. Suprise suprise nothing showed up. After numerous phone calls from my partner and the dealer they said that today they definately sent the money and it should be received by wednesday.

Now I just don't know what to do because after reading several reports of them being complete dodgy people half of me wants to end the contract before it becomes a horror story for us. We were also sold insurance that we were told we had to have- of course legally we don't have to take that insurance- how do we get them to take it off our balance as it was miss-sold??

Im not quite sure where we stand, but I know legally that the contract HAS to be signed at the dealers premises with witnesses or it is void.

I have emails to prove that about half of the contract was signed by my partner at home after they emailed it to us.

I REALLY REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE! We really need this car and we have no other means of buying one, but the company are terrible so i just don't know what to do!

caroline

Does anyone have the complaints address for Welcome finance?

I've sent yet another letter via recorded delivery specifically telling them that I would like a reply to my letters in writing as I am refraining from any telephne contact with them at the advice of the National Debt helpine and they're still leaving phone messages on my mobile and my mums home number.

I am sick and tired of this company's lack of response. I want to make payments asap but am not going to do so until they reply to my new proposed amount.

I don't have a specific address for complaints. I would write to

Mere Way

Ruddington Fields Business Park

Ruddington

Nattingham NG11 6NZ

or head office

Kingston House

Centre 27 Business Park

Woodhead Road

Birstall

Batley WF17 9TD

marked Customer Complaints

• 10 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks