Welcome Finance any storys

breadline
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently went down to my local WELCOME slaughterhouse to pick up my loans and PPI agreements. The girl that sold me the PPI stating that quote "you have to have the PPI or you will not get the loan" was still there and seemed extremely disgruntled that I questioned the manager about full disclosure of the accounts.

When I arrived home and checked through my PPI agreements two show that I had been sold 4 units on both for a single person. From reading above it sounds like I may have a bit of leverage here.

Can anyone definitely confirm the UNITS/POINT SYSTEM they use.

I am also sending a letter to their head office for full disclosure as I got a bad feeling about the shady manager as if he hadn't supplied me with everything.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I recently went down to my local WELCOME slaughterhouse to pick up my loans and PPI agreements. The girl that sold me the PPI stating that quote "you have to have the PPI or you will not get the loan" was still there and seemed extremely disgruntled that I questioned the manager about full disclosure of the accounts.

When I arrived home and checked through my PPI agreements two show that I had been sold 4 units on both for a single person. From reading above it sounds like I may have a bit of leverage here.

Can anyone definitely confirm the UNITS/POINT SYSTEM they use.

I am also sending a letter to their head office for full disclosure as I got a bad feeling about the shady manager as if he hadn't supplied me with everything.

HI to Strong.

When you where sold the policy you should have been handed a leaflet that explains your cover.

But i dought they would have given you the correct one for 4 unit policy.

You could wriet to teh insurance comepny and advise you would just like them to reliterate what it is you are exactly covered for.

Also another ideal may be to ring another branch and inquire about a loan, even go to another branch with a friend in the disguise of taking a loan, sit in on thier interview and ask regarding the insurance necessary for the loan as a single person. Sounds a lot of bother but could prove your case.

The calling of the branches was something I had mean't to do, but have lost phone line and internet connection at this time.

4 units when i worked for Welcome was for a family.

When i worked for welcome finance under no circumstances was any paper work allowed to leave the offices, we had to write notes down of things we needed to rememeber to take on the road.

They gaurd thier paper work like bulldogs but i dont see why they shouldnt have to complete to a Data protection request .

Please let me know how you get on.

BL

I had a loan with Welcome in desperate times and my partner took out another to pay off the rest of mine and money we needed. They are rip off merchants that charge you for anything, we were told we MUST take out insurance also.

Under the consumer credit act I have discovered that if you settle a loan early you are supposed to get a rebate (and for the insurance you no longer need). I am positive in the extortionate pay off amount there was NO rebate. Does this apply to Welcome? I called their head office to get the address to send the Data Protection letter to and was told they would not give me the address unless I gave them my name, postcode and date of birth!!! Apparently they had to be sure who they were talking to! Wa given an address in Hull. Anyone help?

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

HI to Strong.

When you where sold the policy you should have been handed a leaflet that explains your cover.

You could wriet to teh insurance comepny and advise you would just like them to reliterate what it is you are exactly covered for.

Also another ideal may be to ring another branch and inquire about a loan, even go to another branch with a friend in the disguise of taking a loan, sit in on thier interview and ask regarding the insurance necessary for the loan as a single person. Sounds a lot of bother but could prove your case.

The calling of the branches was something I had mean't to do, but have lost phone line and internet connection at this time.

When i worked for welcome finance under no circumstances was any paper work allowed to leave the offices, we had to write notes down of things we needed to rememeber to take on the road.

They gaurd thier paper work like bulldogs but i dont see why they shouldnt have to complete to a Data protection request .

BL

Hi,

well I know for sure that I never received any leaflets explaining anything, but I now understand why because I have been oversold with insurance.

The last thing they would want if for me to understand what they had done.

I will be attacking this issue but I want to do it right, no mess ups.

I had a loan with Welcome in desperate times and my partner took out another to pay off the rest of mine and money we needed. They are rip off merchants that charge you for anything, we were told we MUST take out insurance also.

Under the consumer credit act I have discovered that if you settle a loan early you are supposed to get a rebate (and for the insurance you no longer need). I am positive in the extortionate pay off amount there was NO rebate. Does this apply to Welcome? I called their head office to get the address to send the Data Protection letter to and was told they would not give me the address unless I gave them my name, postcode and date of birth!!! Apparently they had to be sure who they were talking to! Wa given an address in Hull. Anyone help?

Hi,

it depends how early the loan was paid off because Welcome front load the insurance on the loan so you pay off all the insurance first and very little of the capital. That is why you get a shock after paying the loan for a while and somehow seems to have got larger.

Postcode, date of birth to get an address! What a bunch of losers.

I have sent mine to the head office below.

WELCOME FINANCE

COMPLIANCE SERVICES

MERE WAY

RUDDINGTONFIELDSBUSINESSPARK

RUDDINGTON

NOTTS

NG11 6NZ

Hope this helps

Thanks too strong

having the right address will help no end! I have reported them to the information commissioner, complaining to say I thought they were trying to block me from accessing my information. They asked me to put that in writing, which I will do. Time to fight back I say!!

Also - checked my very first loan - the 'voluntary' insurance was over £1000!!!!! and in the small writing it states if you reduce your working hours to less than 16 per week you are no longer covered at all by the insurance! How in the sam hill can that be legal? Will be asking the OFT that one also.

This is obviously wide spread theft by Welcome and I think people power should tackle this one - anyone join me?:confused:

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Thanks too strong

having the right address will help no end! I have reported them to the information commissioner, complaining to say I thought they were trying to block me from accessing my information. They asked me to put that in writing, which I will do. Time to fight back I say!!

Also - checked my very first loan - the 'voluntary' insurance was over £1000!!!!! and in the small writing it states if you reduce your working hours to less than 16 per week you are no longer covered at all by the insurance! How in the sam hill can that be legal? Will be asking the OFT that one also.

This is obviously wide spread theft by Welcome and I think people power should tackle this one - anyone join me?:confused:

I am definitely with you.

IF you check out Nathal v welcome finance ppi you will see that he is about to get his charges refunded from welcome tomorrow.

This thread is within the other institutions.

Definitely worth contacting Nathal.

HI to Strong.

BL

HI Breadline,

since you have worked at welcome you will know them from the inside.

What I needed to know is that if I ask for full disclosure exactly what information should I receive.

The reason why I ask is that on another thread on another thread a company worked in the same way as they took you into a room then filled in a form then left you there as they input the information into the computer. This information was contrary to the original document.

I have received copy of original document, PPI insurance and a list of transactions.

It does not include computer screen printouts.

The point is there more information forthcoming.

Would you beleive it!

After writing the above email I went downstairs to be told by the missus there was some mail for me.

Guess what!

It was all the additional information from Welcome which includes employers and hand written notes.

There isn't a breakdown of the PPI so I don't know how much interest I actually paid on it. How did you get that particular information?

They actually have me down as being in full time work when I have told them I had been a contractor for ten years.

To top it off one of the notes read "customer is excellent long term prospects"

• 3 weeks later...

HI too strong

so sorry not got back to you, have very little net access.

What you have recieved must be a copy of teh hand written cards these are kept in customers files.

They stopped when everything went to computers in 2002. Can you belive that no computer input untill 2002!

There may also be some abbreviations on these copies if you find any make sure Welcome have sent you a list of what they are and what they mean.

This is a necessary requirement for completing your Data Protection Act request.

You should only of been sold what you signed for.

Whats been input into the computer should not differ as the prices would not match.

Your insurance is taken in bulk and added opn to your loan, its then taken in bulk which is your first payment, so interest on this cost should be from the day you signed the contract.

Its possible the day you signed the contrcat they actually added your 1st monthly payment to your total.

That is how they get the insurance paid on the day of signing.

You pay 1st instalment the day the loan starts.

Hope this helps some, again sorry its been so long.

your welcome to PM me to grab me when im here next.

BL :-)

I recently sent away to EXPERIAN for my credit report and found i had a default from welcome finance year 02, now this amazes me as what im about to tell you is the gospel.

towards the end of my contract i also decided to try and settle early and asked for my statements and early settlement figure, it came back as £325 left to pay, when i went through the statements i was shocked at what i found the contract stated at the end of each calender month interest would be calculated at 5% of the remaining balance yet when i went through the statement i found my interest payments each month were anything from 6% up to 9%.

I arranged a meeting with the manager and asked him why this was, he couldnt see what i was telling him and i said right heres an example at the end of June the balance was exactly £1000.00 so i said 5% is £50 you have charged me £72 odds and every month they were all different percentages, he again said I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, i must admit it got my blood boiling and i slammed down a calculator on his desk and said you tell me what 5% of £1000.00 is, what i couldnt understand is that every month it was different, and as you's know as soon as the first one is wrong then the rest follow suit, eventually he asked what i worked out was owed and i provided statements i had worked on calculating 5% interest as per agreement and said you actually owe me £208.00

Now i got a cheque for that amount exactly with no further questions asked that day and the account he said would be marked up as settled. It was only last week i found the default from them, cheeky bar_stewards.

I will be going for these edit, edit edit at some point soon, cant believe what they have done im soooooo angry.

Moderator Note: EDITED due to libelous wording.

Hi George

I my self couldnt always get my head round some of the figures, so when the consilidation companies opened all hell broke loose as on the phone companies were asking this same question, the reply given by the manager was the interest is worked out daily.

May be in your file you can prove that there was never any contact made with you after this payment.

Also why would you have made such a large payment?

Present this to Experian.

Credit reference companies are very good, they will contact welcome if you have no luck.

A big problem with Welcome is passing the buck, the employee turnover causes alot of problems. Also right hand and left hand have no ideal what they are doing.

If you where with the Late collections unit, on the balance left you could have gone as low as 25%.

If you had a continuose payment history you dont get that luxury, doesn't make sense does it?

If anyone reading this is with an account with Welcome finance, at any time you make an agreement like the one above, or a refinance and they advice a reduction in balance for doing so. Make sure you get this in writting before you sign anything. When you complete an agreed settlement figure do it in cash on that day and hand the money over once the letter has been given to you.

reason- i sat in a customers home and rang my manager to request a reduction of £500 to rewrite a contract. A month later he denied it. Screamed at me demanding why i had done so. Didnt matter as i had written a letter to the customer advising of the agreement which is how buisness should be carried out.

Also If visiting the branch request that any of these letters are signed by the Branch Manager only.

Find out who this is before your visiting.

Another tip.

Anytime i have ever settled with a cheque. i write on the back, " In full and final payment" i enclose a letter stating that it is presented and cashed with the understanding of the agreement of full and final payment for settlement.

I photocopy the front and back of the cheque for safe keeping.

BL

I have a car loan with Welcome that I took out over 24 months. It's due to finish March next year but i'm moving abroad to live in October so am looking to pay the remainder off at the end of September.

Can't remember the in's and out's of the agreement, aside from I had to take PPI too and was***** blind. I have a bad credit record and only took the loan on so as to improve my credit rating.

The car was £1995 from the dealer and the loan ended up being over £3000!!

I think the interest rate was 42.5% or something.

Worst mistake I ever made.

Am I due for some massive shock? What should I look out for on the agreement? What will happen when I settle early?

please dont post libelous words !!

NatWest:

6/6/06 - Data Protection Act sent - £10 paid.

8/6/06 - Data Protection Act & £10 signed for.

29/6/06 - Statements received.

30/6/06 - Prelim letter £1397.94

11/7/06 - Prelim letter rejected

12/7/06 - Sent LBA

18/7/06 - LBA Rejected

24/7/06 - Moneyclaim £1779.56

31/8/06 - AQ Received

1/9/06 - Sent AQ + £100 (New Total: £1879.56)

16/9/06 - Received Cobbetts AQ

19/9/06 - Offer £1000 (Rejected)

22/9/06 - Settled in FULL £1879.56 (with disclosure)

Capital One:

6/6/06 - Data Protection Act sent

1/9/06 - Settled in FULL £775.37 (Default NOT removed)

Thanks Breadline as im battling CLYDESDALE BANK for now they will be 2nd in line, when i write to them asking for the contract and default notice as i didnt get one from them i will open a new thread and hopefully will get some answers. As its not settled on my credit file and having a default i assume i can ask for this info and they have to supply this, CCA.?

I have a car loan with Welcome that I took out over 24 months. It's due to finish March next year but i'm moving abroad to live in October so am looking to pay the remainder off at the end of September.

Can't remember the in's and out's of the agreement, aside from I had to take PPI too and was robbed blind. I have a bad credit record and only took the loan on so as to improve my credit rating.

The car was £1995 from the dealer and the loan ended up being over £3000!!

I think the interest rate was 42.5% or something.

Worst mistake I ever made.

Am I due for some massive shock? What should I look out for on the agreement? What will happen when I settle early?

HI Delorean

If you are settling early then you will have 5 months less interest,

If you are moving in October you have very little time to challenge the amount PPI.

You could make an offer of settlement, based on the deduction of the oversold insurance and less the 5 months interest.

But 1st I would ring on the enquiry regarding handing the car back, you should be in a position to do this by now and walk away im sure its 2 thirds of balance paid, (there is more information on this site regarding this.) and you walk away with no car but no debit.

However in your favour, Its very unlightly they will want your car back as they make less money on the closing amount.

A dealer may give them next to nothing for the vehicle. as little as £50 ( alot less than what you may pay to close the account)

They will give you an amount for closing the account rather than having the car, what ever they offer start on half, unless of course its an unreal amount.

if they are stubborn for the amount, advise them you are moving abroad, and theres not much they can do once you have paid 2 thirds and park it at thier offices. (Area managers detest returned cars.)

They are on the dead line to achieve a target not you.. play it all the way.

Hope you get some good resolve to get a fresh start abroad.

Bl :-)

• Confused 1

If you are settling early then you will have 5 months less interest

Excuse me being thick as two short planks but what does that actually mean?

You could make an offer of settlement, based on the deduction of the oversold insurance and less the 5 months interest.

What's been oversold to me? The PPI? What do I ask for, what the PPI be deducted from the settlement figure?

But 1st I would ring on the enquiry regarding handing the car back, you should be in a position to do this by now and walk away im sure its 2 thirds of balance paid, (there is more information on this site regarding this.) and you walk away with no car but no debit.

So could I just phone up and say words to the effect of "i'm leaving the country in october, i no longer require the car, I wish to hand the car back to you and close the account." then wait and see what they say and if they decline say "then i would like to settle the account early please." then offer half of whatever they offer?

They will give you an amount for closing the account rather than having the car, what ever they offer start on half, unless of course its an unreal amount.

Define unreal. Am I likely to be in for a massive shock?

if they are stubborn for the amount, advise them you are moving abroad, and theres not much they can do once you have paid 2 thirds and park it at thier offices. (Area managers detest returned cars.)

I have paid 2/3 of the total. The agreement was for 24 months, I have 5 months left to pay on it and have paid on time, every time, every month from start to present so the credit record on the agreement is 000000000 etc.

If I close the account early, will I get any bad credit set on my name for this agreement? SHould I conduct all contact by phone now?

I was also thinking of just leaving the outstanding balance in the bank and just letting it pay itself off each month until it's done. Is that a good idea? Will it save money rather than settling the agreement early?

Also when I phone, who do I ask to speak to? Anyone specific as from what i've read about Welcome they are pretty useless by phone and also I don't want them to start phoning or writing to me on purpose so they add phone and letter charges to my account. Can they do this if I initiate contact with them by phone or post and they reply?

Very much appreciate your useful post, but before I begin this I want to make absolutely sure I know what i'm doing first! :)

NatWest:

12/7/06 - Sent LBA

18/7/06 - LBA Rejected

31/8/06 - AQ Received

Capital One:

Also forgot to add, I really want to avoid handing the car back just to clear the debt as I am hoping to sell it to get the extra money to take with me when I move so handing it back just to clear the agreement isn't really what I am hoping for.

Are they likely to just agree if I say "here you go, have my car..."?

NatWest:

12/7/06 - Sent LBA

18/7/06 - LBA Rejected

31/8/06 - AQ Received

Capital One:

Excuse me being thick as two short planks but what does that actually mean?

Borrow money you pay interest back on a daily basis, if you pay the money back early they cant charge you interest for the days you havent got thier money. The ineterst is worked out to estimate your monthly paymnets if you pay early the amount is deducted.

What's been oversold to me? The PPI? What do I ask for, what the PPI be deducted from the settlement figure?

Only you will know what you have been sold on your contract, find out how many points of insurance you have been sold

So could I just phone up and say words to the effect of "i'm leaving the country in october, i no longer require the car, I wish to hand the car back to you and close the account." then wait and see what they say and if they decline say "then i would like to settle the account early please." then offer half of whatever they offer?

Advise you are leaving the country, try saying what is the most beneficial settlement for both parties, Welcome are money hungry so they will say more than what they can settle for. Its a bit like bartering at a boot sale.

Define unreal. Am I likely to be in for a massive shock?

Wihout looking at your contract its hard to say but if you have paid 2/3 the amount left to pay can't be more then 1/3 and also deduct the interest of 5 months.

Does the 1/3 = more than what you will get for your car in a private sale?

If so you could be paying welcome an amount and getting less in cash for the sale. There for handing the car back may be more beneficial.

I have paid 2/3 of the total. The agreement was for 24 months, I have 5 months left to pay on it and have paid on time, every time, every month from start to present so the credit record on the agreement is 000000000 etc.

If I close the account early, will I get any bad credit set on my name for this agreement? No, this action does not go against you atall. All you will be doing is exercising your rights as written out in your contract ( have a read through it, they used to be explained well)

SHould I conduct all contact by phone now? Personaly i do everything in writting, but your on a time limit. You could get yourself a telephone recorder and advise you are recording all calls.

I was also thinking of just leaving the outstanding balance in the bank and just letting it pay itself off each month until it's done. Is that a good idea? Will it save money rather than settling the agreement early? This is no different than paying the balance if you were staying in the country, But you may have a problem if you sell the car while still under contract, im a bit rusty on this bit again have a read of your contract.

Also when I phone, who do I ask to speak to? Your account manager, if no luck the branch Manager

phone and letter charges to my account. If you have any of these already they will effect your outstanding balance of moneys owed.

Can they do this if I initiate contact with them by phone or post and they reply? You can advise in writting that unless your account falls into arrears they are not to send you any letters that will be charged to your account.

Very much appreciate your useful post, but before I begin this I want to make absolutely sure I know what i'm doing first! :)

You are welcome to PM me but i am only on a few times a week up the library at the moment.

hope this helps

Ok I have a real doozy of a Welcome story. I went to Yes car credit and bought a car for £6000 about 5 years ago. The car is fabulous but I paid £286 per month for 4 years £13728.00 I paid it all off without a single default so the car is all mine and it looks good on my credit file. Shortly after buying the car I approached Welcome for a personal loan. I was granted about £1000. I duly paid this and renewed..renewed again and renewed again...never more than £1500... I now owe £5500... However I have never missed a payment and all the other loans have been marked as settled. Here comes the twist.

Being a renter/tenant...we were advised that our landlord wanted to sell the house at the end of our contract and so gave us notice to move. No problem we thought we will make the decision to actually buy a house. Having shopped around we were advised we could get a mortgage for around £115 -£120K as a 95% mortgage. We went ot Welcome and asked about there advertised House deposit loan... Of course you can have one your great customers and we can loan you £5000. Plus when it goes through we can add your current loan to it as it will be a secured loan and your payments will reduce. All you need to do is show us a copy of your mortgage offer and give us the solicitors name where we will send the cheque to.

So skipping along to the mortgage advisor we get a mortgage in principle and spot a house which we make an offer on...Just a quick call back to Welcome to make sure of what details we need... Yes loan no problem a copy of the mortgage offer and solicitors details and we'll sign you up. OK great Put in the offer sign up for the mortgage and employ a solicitor.

Spend hard earned cash on surveyors etc and have the morgage offer in my hand I go to Welcome and say...Sign me up please... I'll get the loan officer to call you back shes busy now...A day later...same reply...day later same reply...I insist...she rings back...

NO you can't have a loan...why not...because you already have one....hang on your staff told me twice I could and I have got into the middle of buying a house...sorry...you cant have 2 loans..so they lied to me...yes...what?..they lied twice? yes..but I had a car loan and a personal loan...doesn't count...thats different...How...a car loan is different ...how...it just is....I rang back another day and asked to speak to the manager...turned out it was the same person...same answer.

Result... I'm in a really bad position unable to raise £5k to finish the purchase of my house all because of the bad advice they gave me.

I now want to get all my PPI back off them and expose them for the liars and theives that they are...

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

Noobrider thats a terrible story, Welcome have to fall on thier rear eventually thier attituide towards people and the positions gets worse and worse and you would think now in the days knowledge and customers rights they would wisen up.

The employees are the worst, they are pushed so hard they lose any standards of customer care they may have had on entering the company, Thats why i left before I was turned completely.

Your position is a perfect example never to accept any decission unless its in writting.

But knowing welcome they would rather fire the employee who wtrote the letter and blame incompetance on an individual.

You do what you can, the more people that kick them the more they will eventually have to wisen up that peoples lives are not objects they can flippantly advise on.

wishing you best of Butt kicking

PS dont forget when you renewed each loan you should of had a pay back of PPI each time for the months left on each loan, , a new contract means a new PPI.

PS dont forget when you renewed each loan you should of had a pay back of PPI each time for the months left on each loan, , a new contract means a new PPI.

So.......When I took out another loan with wf and borrowed enough to clear the existing one., I should of had some money back?

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

Hi folks, took out a secured loan for a car which was a fairly reasonable amount. re-mortgaged my house to pay the lot off because the term was actually 15 years...frightening i know but it was always going to be a short term measure. i had a total of 56 phone calls over a 5 week period, at work at home, on my mobile, and to my mortgage adviser (breach of DPA!)-just short of harrassment. had to get my solicitor to threaten them with legal action.i also foundout there was an addition at the start of £1856.00 (indemnity fee) on top of the amount borrowed- so basically i was paying interest on an indemnity as well as the balance.i am now in the process of taking them to the omsbudsman to get to the bottom of it. they even charged me £20.00 x 4 and £50.00 x 2 for charges on phonecalls and a so-called field visit.....??? anyone else had that kind of treatment?

Cheers T.D.:)

I have a car with welcome finance. We got it 2 years ago for £3000. We have asked for abreak down of what we owe and they are saying £5000 aprox. The car cost £3000. We have had nothing but problems with the car and because of the costly parts have got behind in the payments.

I now want to give the car back because i have heard that if i terminate the agreement it will be cheaper than them taking me to court! I dont want the car now because we would have paid aprox £8000 for a car which isnt worth more that £1500!

We have been paying at £49 per week for 2 years.

Has anyone else given the car back? Any advice

HSBC- owed £873.04

First letter - 19/08/2006-no response

LBA - 07/09/2006

Rec Del- 08/09/2006

14 day deadline(22/09/2006)

FULL OFFER -16/09/2006

Had a couple of loans with Welcome.

Took out another to repay the first etc.

Did this at the start of this year, and for no reason really bought a copy of my Credit file a couple of months ago. On it is a Welcome Finance Loan showing it as being 3 months in arrears before being settled. I know I hadn't missed a payment, what apparently happened is that when I took out the top-up loan they didn't repay, or sign off the first loan, so i was showing as having 2 loans for 3 months. They never contacted me about missed payments so they clearly knew something had gone wrong somewhere, however after 3 months of showing my account as being in arrears they must have noticed their mistake and changed the file to show as "settled", however leaving the 3 months in arrears before being settled on my file.

I've been in contact with them now for 2 months trying to get this sorted, Head office won't even listen to me, they say my account is in the hands of my local branch and there's nothing they can do. I can't speak to the manager in my branch as he never seems to be there. Finally got to speak to someone earlier this week after I mentioned I would report it as them misusing the credit register and submitting incorrect information about me (not sure if that's right, but I said it anyway). So, finally got to speak to the manager and he said a notice of correction had been sent in and i should receive confirmation in the next week.

Nightmare, but hopefully it's resolved now.

01/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - S.A.R sent

24/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Statements Received

31/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - 1st Request sent

13/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - LBA sent

23/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Offer received £1544 (Thanks but no thanks)

02/10/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - *WON* Full settlement

It also limits your chances of getting finance from another company. Hope its sorted, what i find most distressing is that people have to get thier own file corrected, what if a company has closed years ago, you can niether prove the file is wrong or contact the company for correction.

I belive companys should be asked for stronger proof before being allowed tyo submitt a report, and if necessary the credit reference agencies should be in contact with you also.

I found over 8 mistakes on my file this year, 3 companys i dont know and cant contact. 1 account opened and never used? Spelling mistakes in my name and just utter disrespect for someone elses information, with no updates of resolve. Telewest are a big thorn in my file with a false default and the next is LLoyds.

will take some time to get it all sorted.

hope it works out ok, would like to know what happens.

Bl :-)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks