Explanation please

stripper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a Barclay Resolve Loan and was defaulted 2003.(Not shown thro CRA's)They handed the account to their in house collection CDCS and I agreed a monthly payment with them.

My last correspondence was from them in 2005 accepting a reduced payment and showing the balance o/s.This had reduced from the original figure.

On reading through their T C's I notice that interest will be charged on o/s figure.

The indication from the figures as mentioned above is that interest has not been added.

Is it therefore conceivable that at some time in the future they could add the interest?If this is so what bloody chance have I of ever clearing the debt.

I would really appreciate some sound advice here.

I dont want to request CCA as I am worried that it may trigger this back interest problem into action.

My customer CCA does not have either APR nor my signature and the TCs are separate

Thanks

Stripper

If they were going to add interest, they should be sending you statements, showing the revised balance.

I think you need to speak to them to find out. They should really have confirmed in writing what the position was in regard to interst. I suspect they have suspended interest, subject to the agreed monthly payment being made.

If they wanted to re-start adding interest to the account, they would have to inform you in writing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I would put your concerns in writing, ask for the current balance and see if it is worth putting in a Full and Final... it could be worth doing as they want to get the 'toxic' loans off their books. DONT mention added interest at this stage as it could greatly increase the balance.

I would start at 10% of the balance as that is what they would get if they sold the debt to a DCA.

I am not sure what you can do, if you don't contact them.

What has happened since 2005? If you are still making payments, just continue these if you can.

How are the payments made ? Direct Debit, standing order or via a debt management company ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you are making payments, have you kept your own record of how much you have paid and deducted this off the last known balance ?

If you have not kept a record, your bank can supply statements, so you can work out how much you have paid. If it is a regular amount, you can probably work out roughly what you have paid back, if you know when you started making the payments.

I would do that first of all.

Are you not living at an address which Barclays have for correspondence ? So that if Barclays have been sending any letters, you won't have received them.

It sounds like you have not been in contact with Barclays for a while and are not keen on doing so. Fear of finding out the status of the account or other issues with them ?

I can account for all my payments no problem here.I dont want to get in touch simply because what I am paying is acceptable to me and obviously them.I really wanted to cover the interest concern.

However if the Sh1t did hit the fan I dont think that their CCA agreement would be enfoceable.My credit files are rubbished so the threat of CRA has long been forgotten.However,I really didnt want to rock the boat,I was simply concerned at the possible introduction of interest .Just concerning mysellf about a future possibility .

Planning ahead!

Been at my address for years.

Stripper

Leave well alone then. If they were adding interest or could add interest, they will tell you this. They should be sending you some form of statement each year.

I take it that because they have not been in contact with you, they are happy with the current arrangement, without interest being added. They probably realise, that you would never pay the account off, if they were adding interest.

I have a Barclay Resolve Loan and was defaulted 2003.(Not shown thro CRA's)They handed the account to their in house collection CDCS and I agreed a monthly payment with them.

My last correspondence was from them in 2005 accepting a reduced payment and showing the balance o/s.This had reduced from the original figure.

On reading through their T C's I notice that interest will be charged on o/s figure.

The indication from the figures as mentioned above is that interest has not been added.

Is it therefore conceivable that at some time in the future they could add the interest?If this is so what bloody chance have I of ever clearing the debt.

I would really appreciate some sound advice here.

I dont want to request CCA as I am worried that it may trigger this back interest problem into action.

My customer CCA does not have either APR nor my signature and the TCs are separate

Thanks

Stripper

Hi Ya

You say that the 'account was passed to their in-house collection' team.

Logically; prior to making an arrangement with you the lender would/should have taken into account the total outstanding balance. Any interest that applied to your total outstanding balance would/should have been taken into account at that time. Meaning that what you are currently paying off is the outstanding balance 'including' any interest that was due.

If they were to collect what you understand to be the final payment ....... then be foolhearty enough to make a separate request for interest payments - I think a Judge, the OFT, the FSA etc., would be most interested to learn of such untoward activity.

Hope this helps?

Apple : )

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]