Freemans sold to EOS after partial then to Lowells

Wisingup
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have come home today from a long hard slog to a letter from Lowells exactly the same as postggi and a letter in the same envelope from Freemans.com stating that they have sold my account to lowells! and the new reference number is lowells and the contact number is lowells! the Sh***y thing is that I defaulted about 4 years ago on a Feemans catalogue and was offered a partial settlement, which I accepted and paid up, they are now coming after me for the alledged balance. So I checked my CRA and there is no Freemans cat on there but a satified account by the DCA at the time! Any suggestions? I mistakenly broke the NO. 1 rule and phoned the idiots and I told them to go back to Freemans and send me proof of debt, she told me to calm down and that it would be investigated!

Have checked my CRA and it would seem that Actio (ALBIS) aka EOS Solutions have marked the account as partial settlement with default balance at £170 and current balance as 'Satisfied'. There is no mention of Freemans on my CRA at all?

can anyone help me at all?

Have you at any time sent off a CCA request, if not, this may perhaps be your first move in sorting this out. I assume that you have proof of payment. Unfortunately this happens quite often and is something I always warn people of when they want to offer a F & F, as so often the current DCA sees this a a double bonus, they get your cash, and can still sell 'the balance' on!!.

hello and thankyou so much for replying, in short no I have not sent a CCA to Freemans or anyone else, when EOS offered a partial settlement I was happy to be able to pay it and the credit file balance marked at satisfied, when I called Lowells today they said the account relates to an account that was opened in Sept 2006 and defaulted by Jan 2007 I think, but on checking my CRA freemans are not even registered? EOS offered me a chance to pay the account and it would be cleared.

Do I go back to EOS Solutions? I have no correspondence at all, I would have to go back to the bank to ask for my statements from years ago? have I been just bl**dy stupid?

Lodge a formal complaint with Freemans https://www.freemans.com/web/main/mailus.asp

Tellthem what do they think they are playing at, and to call off their chosen DCA or you will be seeking legal advice with a view to suing them for damages.

Lodge a formal complaint with the OFT&TS via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

What is the entry on your credit ref file (CRF)have the dates changed from the original date of default(4 years ago)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hello Bazooka boo, Lowells told me the acct opening date, my cra says:

• Company Name - Actio (ALBIS)
  • special instruction indicator - Partial Settlement
  • special instruction start date - 01/11/2007
  • Started - 19/10/2007
  • default Balance - £170
  • Current Balance - Satisfied

thats the lot, when I rang lowells they gave me loads of talk that they had my cra and knew exactly my financial position! I was gobsmacked! Excellent for the links will take a look, on another note surely if Freemans had sold the acct the letter of assignment would have come under seperate cover and not with the letter from Lowells and certainly not have Lowells details all over it? looks like Lowells wrote the letter on Freeman letterhead, can they do that? do I have anything to go on or am I giving up and paying up :-(

they searched my credit file too - why would they do that?

Edited by Wisingup

Yes it is common practice for the DCA to send out NOA's on the original creditors headed paper, Lowlifes are quite good at fabricating NOA's, although they do it with the permission of the OC I believe.

Catalogue accounts are very easily put to bed, make all the complaints first, then as HS suggested, hit these fools with a CCA request and see how quickly they drop it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

okey dokey, will complain to freemans tomorrow, along the lines that I thought the acct was closed as the debt was sellted as agreed with EOS Solutions, and that I will not enter into any correspodence with Lowells and certainly do not acknowledge any debt to them or Lowells I will make the other complaint as you suggested - is there anything else that I should be saying in my complaint to freemans and consumerdirect?

then will hit them with the CCA request - if they cant stomp i up then i cant be sold on can it? also should Freemans be on my CRA as a creditor? they simply arent there and its not 6years old?

can anyone offer an opinion on my CRA file entries that I have posted above? want to make sure that I understand and know what i am talking about before I put pen to paper - also why would Lowells do a credit check on me? on 13th September?and then I get their letters dated 23rd September? I will post up the letters for toilet reading, also any comment as to why I woud received the 'alledged' notice of assignment as I thought that should have come under seperate cover and from the original lender with my original reference number on?

I hope I have not bored the pants off anyone who is readin this but would be great to get some comments!

What does it say next to Lowlifes entry on your CRF?

What should happen is when it is passed from one to the other the first has to mark your CRF as settled or show a nil balance, this enables the new owner, or gopher to mark your file acordingly with the outstanding balance.

Hi there, there is no entry for lowlifes or Freemans, the only one that is there is for ACTIO and that states satisfied - surely there has to be an end to it at some point, if EOS said that the payment that I was was a settlement and my credit file states that how can I be pursued by Lowlifes? and dont Freemans need to send me a letter of assignment and not Lowlifes using their paperwork - something not right as both letters arrived in the same envelope yesterday? I am just totally bemused and confused - I will scan and post the letters up.

The OC is ultimately responsible for their collectors actions. Write to Freemans directly copying in the numpty DCA(s) pointing out firmly that the account was settled as an F & F and it's their responsibility to ensure that the DCAs dealing with your account act in a proper and lawful manner. Point out also thet even if they have sold the account as an absolute asignment they will be named as co defendants in any action taken by you ;)

is it possible that lowlife did a search on my name and found a part settlement and they thought they would chance their arm to see if they could get any money out of me or is it a case that Freemans would have genuinely sold the acct to them despite the fact that EOS offered me a partial settlement and the acct marked as satisfied in the first place?

any advice on this would be gratefully received

Just to keep my thread current for anyone else reading, have again checked my credit file and there is still no mention of any debt to Lowells or indeeed any oustandin debt to freemans? These are crazy times that we liive in.

Can someone tell me what I can exect to see on my credit file relating to this little situation?

xx

BB I have posted on your thread - they are a bunch of wAn*ers arent they.

anyhow, I have checked my letter and there too is a logo on it Credit Expert from Experian.

what is the point in having experian and such like cred ref agencies if they work hand in hand with teh DCA's - arent they supposed to be impartial and record the facts?

BB I have posted on your thread - they are a bunch of wAn*ers arent they.

anyhow, I have checked my letter and there too is a logo on it Credit Expert from Experian.

what is the point in having experian and such like cred ref agencies if they work hand in hand with teh DCA's - arent they supposed to be impartial and record the facts?

Ta...

Facts? What facts? lol...lowlife don't think they need law let alone facts!