due to take the car 30th

davebutton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

called them today before I went to work, he now said i have to pay 627.00 to clear the default notice, first I was trying to get the 400odd pound togther, then see 500 odd, they seem to move the goal posts, every time i get close, did offer them 300 today but he said he needed 627.00 after that he said a min payment of 400 odd would be accepted, but still could not get the extra ££, to clear this, got a day off tomorrow , so will be calling consumer direct and office of fair trading, fingers crossed and toes cheers for all your help

when they come to take the car will they inform they are taking it, so i can call the police and inform them my car is being stolen, as its on a drive

I will be honest i dont think they will turn up.

Add to complaint to Trading standards and OFT that they keep moving goalposts.

The figure on the default notice is what is needed to remedy - they can not just add to it. Problem is you are dealing with a branch muppet.

If you have the name of this individual complain about him to Welcome head offce when you contact them - Tell them you find his LIES and UNHELPFULL attitude personaly distressing and harrasing and you intend to report this.

As regards the Police - they may try and tell you it's a Civil matter and they can not get involved. If they do remind them the car is on private property and so the collectors need a court order.

If they still not interested tell them you wish to speak to the duty inspector as you wish to make a complaint about them helping your car being stolen. And that you will be complaining about them personaly to the Independant Police Complaints Commisionaire. Threaten the Inspector with this as well if you have to.

It Is not a civil matter if it is on private property and/or you have paid more than a third. So dont let them tell you otherwise. To be fair to them they probably dont know themselves - but they should check.

If you stay calm - but very very firm with the police you will usually get a result - they are sensitive to complaints so if you can put doubt in their mind, they wont want to take the chance of a complaint being upheld against them - they will take things more seriously.

So in short - complain about this to all and sundry - if they do take the car - there are people on here who can give you advice to not only get the car back - but usually all the money you have paid too.

Dont let them scare you - you have your rights - demand them.

And all the best.

Thought i would just drop you a note with a link to a thread where a car was reposessed on private property.

It's a long one - but if you read the first 10 pages or so you will have enough info to give you the basics for your battle.

Especialy the bit about the police attendance.

Again if Police get invovled and wont help - kick up a fuss - tell them you will sue them - demand to speak to a duty inspector - ask for the address of their profesional standards dept. they will hate it but have to do something.

Here is a link to a page you can print off - towards the bottom it tells you that the car CAN NOT be reposessed on private land - show it the police or repo guys - they cant say they didnt know - even film it if you can.

http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/legal_issues_explained/car_repossession.php

Here is link to the thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?242261-Car-repossessd-off-private-property-with-no-default-or-termination-served-with-police-consent!-Please-help