Robbers and whey!

Mr Worried

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I recieved a nice letter from R + W today, addressed to the Occupier headed ....Can You Please Help Us.....We are trying to contact the former occupier of YOUR address and would be very gratefull if you could supply the following info,ie New Addy, any other contact info etc.

Call the freephone number with any info and speak to Sam Brown?? WTF.

Any idea's

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

Phishing trip, but it needs reporting as no doubt their headed paper left you in no doubt as to their business?

Ignore, and next you will receive the 'we know you are there' letter.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Hope you filled it in :puke:

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

OFT rules say they cannot address ‘the occupier’ and, more importantly, shall NOT divulge the fact that a person may have a debt – if you had known the previous occupants, this could have been highly embarrassing.

Send a copy of that letter to the OFT and trading standards – and send the Robbers on their way (groan...).

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

PS It wasn’t asking about you, was it?

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Is there any way this could be a cod letter to entrap you?

Either way, report the t*ssers.

Quite. Maybe it’s one of their ways of trying to get you to call them! Maybe they think you like to chat.

You know what I do with these muppetts... they stupidly put an envelope in the letter, I just sent the letter back to them.. they then have to pay there end with a handling fee, I sent them about 10 back in the last 2 months, they just keep sending silly letters, it seems the more I send back the more they send to me. If everyone did this then its a good way of getting a message across.

I keep a copy of all letters so I can do them for harresment later on.

Call them and tell them you know the current address of the person they are after and as soon as you receive payment of £49.99 for the finders fee you will forward the details.

I have done this before but they never seemed to want to take up the offer and have continued to send letters for the last 3 years on a regular basis for some guy I have never heard of.

I could call and let them know the guy is unknown to me but I'd rather them waste there time and money. Wescot I'm talking to you!