Freedom of Speech:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And those threads are still gone, for which, were important to me. I at least want to know why.. still. Miserable git with-a-wine-in-me I am. :sad:

I would have to agree. People take time out to contribute to threads. To have this 'work' deleted for some vague reason is not on.

Dare I say, that this site has a core membership of adults - therefore we should all be able to discuss topics which are controversial. All members here should also be able to decide if they should call it a day and unsubscribe from the thread - rather than running to a mod every time someone disagrees with them...

Aye, MM. Think we're talking to ourselves though. It wouldn't be so hard to implement, would it? Or would it be like taking the sign of the lollipop lady. I hate saying these sarcastic things, but people (ST) will be eternal mutes and refuse to engage in this forum, and that may be for a bloomin' plethora of reasons. I still think a good leader is required to manage this, and not be eejits about it. I know the perfect bird, but she is having to put up with it now.

I haven't seen what has been going on here, but obviously by reading this thread have been made aware of other threads being deleted. I am sure there are a number of forumites who would be only too willing to offer up their time and assistance in taking on the responsibility of 'policing' the bear garden sensibly.

A forum is essentially a debate, isn't it? I find it a bit sad that so much offence has been caused, either by the threads themselves or the removal of them. Surely the whole ethos of this place is built up of charity towards others, or at least understanding and a bit of guidance. I am in awe of the people on here who spend their free time in helping others and trying to make the world just once tip in someone's favour.

I would hate to think of anyone being put off posting in here, either for help with their problems, or for a bit of a banter in this thread.

I don't buy the xenaphobia claims, but even if the posts were xenaphobic, isn't this the place to put people straight?

I can't stand xenaphobia. Or foreigners.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

It is with great sadness that I have read this thread. As a former moderator of this site, I always took the view that, as long as the post/thread did not break the law or potentially libel anyone and put the site as risk, then it was allowed to stay, whether I or anyone else liked the post or not. When in doubt, I often referred to a senior moderator. I think I deleted about 5 posts in the year I was a moderator. I spent some time away from the site during my move from Kent to the North East and, quite rightly, my moderator status was removed until I returned. When I returned to the site things had changed massively and it was not to my liking at all. Previously nearly all decisions were discussed among moderators and we ran with things by consensus. Even when Dave (co-founder) proposed that I become a moderator, he asked the advice of currently serving moderators instead of promoting me on his own authority. When I returned to the site there was a 'manager' who had considerable say in what happened above the opinion of the moderators and I was removed as a moderator as I was offline for 3 weeks. I didn't challenge it as I had already become severely disillusioned with what was happening and as a result have only visited the site a handful of times in the past 3 years.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

My problem with all of this is that the orginal thread was titled (something along the lines of) Fry on Catholicism. When you entered the thread, Tez had set up a link to a video of the debate and it was for anyone who wished to contribute to watch and then discuss.

This being the case, as an adult i made the choice of whether I wanted to watch the video and then after it make any contribution to the discussion. Had I been a practicing Catholic and didnt want to have my faith questioned I would not have joined the debate and probably not watched the video. However as a strong believer in the freedom of speech and everyone's right to express themselves (within the posting rules of the forum) I would not complain about the content of a self-explanitory named thread.

The debate itself was whether the Church (Catholic) was a force for good in the world. This question, the debator's premises etc were around that question. Posters on the thread mostly kept the discussion in and around that debate but I am not sure where the accusation of xenaphobia can be charged because I do not remember reading anyone being xenaphobic in the thread.

I have to admit, I too sought out CAG in a time of great need and was helped enormously by Caggers. I help when I can on the Debt threads and enjoy giving back a bit of the support I received. I used to enjoy going into the Bear garden to have a laugh or simply to nwind and discuss things which whilst important dont necessarily come under any of the other forum threads umberellas such as the illness of my father.

I now feel uncomfortable posting in the Bear garden as the whole atmosphere has changed and will probably stick to helping out on the debt threads after this post.

I am not taking my bat and ball home, I just no longer feel comfortable being under that degree of censure in forum for lighthearted banter.

Edited by MONX

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

:lol: God its change!!!!!! but not much has........shame

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

It is with great sadness that I have read this thread. As a former moderator of this site, I always took the view that, as long as the post/thread did not break the law or potentially libel anyone and put the site as risk, then it was allowed to stay, whether I or anyone else liked the post or not. When in doubt, I often referred to a senior moderator. I think I deleted about 5 posts in the year I was a moderator. I spent some time away from the site during my move from Kent to the North East and, quite rightly, my moderator status was removed until I returned. When I returned to the site things had changed massively and it was not to my liking at all. Previously nearly all decisions were discussed among moderators and we ran with things by consensus. Even when Dave (co-founder) proposed that I become a moderator, he asked the advice of currently serving moderators instead of promoting me on his own authority. When I returned to the site there was a 'manager' who had considerable say in what happened above the opinion of the moderators and I was removed as a moderator as I was offline for 3 weeks. I didn't challenge it as I had already become severely disillusioned with what was happening and as a result have only visited the site a handful of times in the past 3 years.
Well said that man! :wink:

I too suffered at the hands of this so called manager, and for what?

He's hardly ever on here anyway!

Thread still here then? Well, I wonder what that says about all the rules, and the "educational tools to improve understanding of the forum rules." If it wasn't so pathetic I'd start laughing. I honestly expected the thread to be pulled in the interests of fairness and equality to all other posters that have had their threads pulled. In fact I feel like I'm being discriminated against by virtue of the fact that the thread is still here ...

To paraphrase someone we all know: " ... as you were ... "

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.