• Tweets

• As advised statute barred debts are dead...if your alive or dead......so are CCJs that are over  6 years old and have never been executed or secured against property by way of a charging order.......no matter how much your estate is worth.
    • I booked several rooms with FABHOTELS.COM - I have made sure the rooms were cancel able and due to the condition in India regarding Covid becoming very bad I cancelled the rooms and my visit to India and will not be travelling for the foreseeable future, I then checked my account and they have stated there can be no refund back to my card but I have to accept their room credits to the value of £478 valid for 12 months when they will then expire if I do not use them by that date, I have contacted them on several telephone numbers and via email, they have refused to issue a refund : stating it is their policy to issue only rooms credits and these will expire in 12 months, they have advised they have the right to do this under the contract and under Indian law, I have raised a SEC 75 claim, via the credit card company however they have not advised what the above means and stated it will take 11 weeks for a response, I am concerned that a refund has been provided and the cancellation has been approved as such as a refundable cancellation, albeit they have stated no refund to the credit card can be made. I have sent the following to them and their response has been - we are unable to assist further - I have now concern how they can do this when the law does not allow this to be possible? The issue that I have experienced was: Disgraceful behaviour by Fab hotels in holding cancelled bookings in an expiring account when cancelled fully - NO REFUND ISSUED? Please can you refund the full amount to my credit card as due to the Covid restrictions there is no guarantee I will be in India in next twenty four months I await your refund back to my with the Credit card Company as I am not able to use the Credits expiring in 12 Months, I have been in touch with the credit card Company and they have confirmed they will be looking to FabHotels to refund back to the Original card as part of the Sec 75 Laws where a cancellation has been made and the payment has to be refunded back to the Original payment card. I have not been able to confirm I will be using the credits and therefore in order to safeguard my funds these needs to be back into my, If this is not accepted then I reserve the right to take the matter further for a investigation and chargeback as I have not authorised the payment and the reservations have been cancelled. Please can this be escalated to a senior manager and a refund issued back to the Visa card. If this is the Customer experience I have to endure then I will make it quite clear that this i not acceptable that you take money and put it into a expiring account and then ask me to contact you to get the extension, this is not customer service, I am deeply distressed by your action as there are no other Booking agents who are doing this to their customers, especially considering the hotels have been accepted as cancelled and a refund issued but held in expiring account.
    • That's logical and correct DX,  and how I understood it to work if they can't pursue the debtor  for the debt whilst they are alive, it can't be resurrected and charged against the estate or demanded personally from executors who knew diddly about that SB debt..
    • First of all, apologies for the delay in responding. I went back to work in May completely forgot about this.   Secondly, they paid out.   As you can see in my post dated May 11th, I suggested whether it would be worth trying one more time with them. Well, I did. I mentioned in my claim that, once again, they should contact DHL who would confirm that the parcel was left on the doorstep in full view of anyone passing by. I finished it off by saying that I was happy to go to small claims court over this if I do not hear back from them.   About a week later I received an email stating the claim was successful and they asked for my bank details to transfer the money over to.    I'm surprised they didn't drag their heels over this but perhaps me seeing the picture of the supposed delivery and them knowing that I was doing my own 'investigation' into DHL made them nip this in the bud sooner rather than later.   And a reminder to anyone else reading this: contactless delivery does not mean that couriers can leave the parcel on your doorstep and leave. It means the courier leaves your parcel on your doorstep, waits for you to open the door and confirm receipt of the parcel, (the courier takes a picture, this seems to depend on the courier) and then and only then is delivery of the item concluded.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
tattiedigger

Arnold Clark---Raw Deal to the Rescue

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3588 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

There is a widely read Scottish newspaper called The Sunday Post, which has a consumer help page known as "Raw Deal".

In yesterdays edition Raw Deal exposed Arnold Clark for not acting to a lovely lassie's pleas for help when a car she bought from them gave heaps of trouble.

Try as she did, but Clark's would not budge in repairing her car. In sheer desperation,, she contacted Raw Deal, who swung into action and contacted Clark's on her behalf.

Alas, Raw Deal managed to get Clark's to do what they should have done in the first place, and now the car has been repaired. Good work Raw Deal.

Well, it's tattie digging time of year again, so i'm off to dig my Golden Wonders.:|

Fit like tattiehowker. I read that story as weel. Maybe the foulk up here in Eberdeen should have contacted Raw Deal too. They hiv jist posted on the Citroen Owners website saying how they were ripped off by Clarkies here in the toon. They pit their car in to have a cruise control fitted and were charged our £80 only to be told they had ran oot of time and couldnae get the thing to work.

Read the post fur yourself and get the details. The last line poses the question we all would like an answer to.

There are so many AC complaints on this forum alone, let alone the myriad of other forums, that it makes me wonder why some of you customers aren't getting yourselves organised and using the courts to get redress.

This may well be in the pipeline, but most complainents can't afford a lawyer because of paying off repairs to Arnold Clark's cars. Trading Standards having another look at breach of Consumer Protection Regulations 2008.

I think you have been dealt with quite unfairly by this dealer, I suggest you go and review him here such that others may benefit from your experiences:

I think you have been dealt with quite unfairly by this dealer, I suggest you go and review him here such that others may benefit from your experiences:

Now we have an AC Troll on here

If you class being treated like a piece of shlit as well treated then I suppose he has.

A review can't be made as that depth of swearing and profanity isn't allowed.

At least the spew is consistant Conniff. A troll? or maybe a lawyer trying to drum up some work? So carefull what you post people.

Arnold Clark is bad and bad enough, but i had a letter today signed by an elephant driver from Shiltroën. You would not believe the crap contained within.

They keep sending me the same FO letter but signed by a different person each time.

They consistently refuse to answer the questions asked, so if you fancy buying a Citroën, be warned about the firm you will be dealing with. The cars might be ok, but Shiltroën UK don't appreciate just who are filling their wage packets. Delete the "L" and you know exactly what i think of them.

Edited by scaniaman
dippit

As for the 'lawyer' comment - as long as you post only the truth and do not engage in libel or defamation of character you can never be held liable.

If this wasnt the case, sites like ebay and amazon would drown in lawsuits due to their in-built review mechanisms.

Hoots aye min, but just how mony ferm loons like me wid ken fit is slander and libel awe aboot. We could easy tell the truth bit no ken it wis slander and sick like. The feck o' us are nae lawyers.