Worth a Dispute?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could you please help me.

My wife has received a parking ticket from a private company for parking over the line markings.

Whilst we do not dispute the fact that she has parked over the lines there are reasons as to why.

As she drove into the space there is to a metal barrier on the drivers side. The car is a hatchback and so has longish doors. The space next to her was empty and then another car was in the next space parked right up to the line.

She also had her mother in the car in the passenger seat and two children (one needing a buggy) in the back.

She could not park in the space to the left as the passenger would not be able to get out nor get the child out of the back on her side. She had therefore had to park over the line in order to allow the driver of the other car in the space next but one to get in and allow the drivers door to be opened on her side so she could get out and get the children out.

We have made an initial dispute and then a colleage at work referred me to this webside. I can see that I perhaps need to send a letter rather than just dispute this online.

We have so far been able to contact someone who we believe to be the landlord of the car park at the industrial estate. He has said he will ask the third party traffic company to review the photogrpahs and respond.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

I can tell you the outcome of your "appeal" now, "appeal denied pay up !"

As you state this is a ticket from a PPC (private parking company) then the only thing you need to do is

IGNORE.

The ticket you have is an unenforcable invoice. Have a read of the threads on this forum to get an idea of how these PPCs work.

hello all:-)

Found there website where they refer to legal precendents :-

http : // worldwidewb.parkingcontrol.com/legal/

There were signs apparently in the car park, but I have yet to see these myself.

Does this change any advice given above?

Incidentally the distance parked over the white line is the tyre width, the edge of the inside of the tyre is right next to the left hand side of the white line.

I had a similar issue with a different company. Before I knew about the [problem] I was angered that a fine could be issued on the parking between the lines basis as in my case the it was the end bay and the other side of the bay was a kerb.

Luckily, because I was angered I sought advice and found myself here and got the same advice that you will see in many other threads regarding private parking companies.

Hold your nerve and keep ignoring.

After reading many threads i've come to realise the amount of time wasted typing conditions or excuses of why the ticket should be excused or shouldn't have been issued in the first place. As statetd above, if you try to appeal the PPC will simply deny it and ask you to pay up.

Hope this helps :)

You are under no obligation in any way, shape or form to write or speak to these people. You can completely ignore them. If they don't like it, they can try and take the driver to court. They cannot take the registered keeper to court, as there is no case against the keeper. Of course they would need to be able to prove the identity of the driver in order to sue him/her, which they can't... so they can't take that person to court. So they can't do anything. So ignore them.