John lewis tv

grazek72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone, im new on this side and made my first mistake... instead of posting a new thread i replayed to one, so now im in the right place (i hope). i bought new sony tv from JL (on line)last xmas. few days ago my son, by accident punch the screen and now all you can see are cracks but the voice is fine. i know im coverd by standard 5 years, i just don't think this type of damage is included. i have to call customer service but don't know what to say. was any one in similar situation??thank you for any advice.

I would if you have home insurance look into grounds of accidental damage and go through them. Telly sounds a right off. But Jl cant help unless you have a policy with them for accidental damage or such like if they do one. Their 5 year policy is just a statutory right acknowledgment that they think a telly should last that long really.

I know how you feel we have a new telly and had a near miss with a wii remote recently in our case, easy done. Mine recently came from John lewis and the 5 years sold it to me, there was no reference to accidental damage cover.

I bet JL would put you in touch with possible repairers either that being manufacturers or who they use for quote, but you would end up paying for it, quote that is and repair if possible, heres hoping your home insured as they could take over for you, best wishes LL xx

ps. Welcome to the site xx

Edited by loopinlouie

Unless you had the option and accepted accidental damage through JL then you would need to claim via your home insurance (if you have the right cover):-)