ASOS & PayPal nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a pair of shoes from ASOS.COM last night. I paid using paypal as I had a positive balance in my account that covered all but £2.27 of the cost and used my debit card for the remaining.

When the payment was processed I got the email from PP to confirm I sent £40 to ASOS but it didn't give order details. I didn't get an order confirmation from ASOS and when I logged back in the shoes were still in my basket, and there was no order in my history. i checked my PP balance, which was zero! The money had gone from my account balance.

I emailed ASOS, who replied there was no order, and no paypal payment from my email address and to order the shoes again using a debit or credit card. I forwarded the PP email, but heard nothing more. I emailed PP and of course hadn't heard by this morning so I called them. 30 mins later at international call rate I was told I had to tell ASOS to claim the pending payment and process my order, I requested taht the transaction is reversed but they were adament they were unable to do this.

I called ASOS who confirmed there was a big problem with paypal payments through the site last night and that it would be sorted out and the payment matched to to orders. I explained my order wasn't registered and she confirmed this. I forwarded the payment confirmation email as proof I had made a payment and she said she would deal with it..

I got an email back saying PP had advised her that the unclaimed pending payment would take 29 days until it timed out and be released back to me and if I had an issue with this I had to take it up with PP and again advised me to pay again if I still wanted the shoes.

Im so angry that I have no money and no shoes. ASOS blame PP and PP blame ASOS and neither will do anything to help me. I am a single mum of teenagers on a very low income who very rarely gets the chance to spend spare money on something for herself, so this has upset me so much and I have no idea what to do next, I am not prepared to wait a month for my money to find its way back to me, can anybody please help??

Edited by *AG*
typos..oops

Hi AG

It's clearly a fault with ASOS Payment system. It is disappointing in that you carried out the transaction correctly, but have been let down by PP and ASOS.

I think you should e-mail ASOS, address it to Nick Robertson, CEO. Explain that you wanted to buy a pair of shoes and have been let down by ASOS. In your e-mail

write that theres a lot on the ASOS website about 'Our Commitment to you', well lets see that commitment at 'work'.

Make sure you explain that your a single mum and it was a 'rare' treat which has turned into a nightmare.

You could also contact Consumer Direct.

Thanks so much for your reply and suggestion rebel, I will do that. So far there is still stalemate with PP blaming ASOS and vice versa, both saying the other has to deal with it. The latest is that ASOS have told me to send a fax to paypal giving them a copy of ASOS's email stating there definitely is no order. I don't have a fax machine!

Hi AG

You're going to go around in circles, I don't think you should be doing the running around because ASOS had problems, ASOS should take ownership of the problem,

any company worth it's salt would say 'we got it wrong, something went wrong'. 'As a gesture of goodwill etc'. All to do with good customer service. Get that e-mail off, once you do that it becomes a serious complaint. Maybe they can send you an invoice that you can pay in 29 days, but they send you the shoes tomorrow, if you don't pay in 29 days, they can debit your card in 35 days. As a one off this is all possible.