style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have bought an engagement ring for my then-fiancee. It has a central diamond and two small stones flanking it. After one year(ish), she noticed to her horror that one of the small diamonds fell out. It was actually five days before the wedding. I rushed with the ring to the place where I got it to have it repaired. I was told that the work will be done FOC, however, since I did not provide the missing stone, I would have to pay £65 for a replacement. To my relief, though, I was told that time wasx not an issue, and that the ring will be ready the same day.

Indeed, it was ready within three hours. The new stone was not exactly the same, but it was a close match. In all, we did not complain and were in fact grateful for the quick rescue.

HOWEVER, some 10 days later, in the middle of our honeymoon trip, the new stone fell out again (and again, we could not find it). I was surely ****ed, and my wife's distress was even greater. As soon as we came back, I took the ring to the jeweller again.

Now, what they said was the same as before: they are going to do the job for free, but I need to pay again £65 or something for yet another stone! My question being, is this a fair trade practice? Is there a guarantee covering faulty craftsmanship like this one? Finally, where should I need to look to find support to fight my rights (if I am right, that is).

I must admit at this point that I do not have the receipt for the first repair. I still have the receipt for the original purchase. The ring is ATM at the jewellers, uncollected, as I am still unsure about my next step.

Thanks in advance!

Jacek