thomson never again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

not long been back from my honeymoon which i booked with thomson for a trip out to bulgaria. the first problem was the coach trans to resort we had no rep on the coach but was told our hotel was the second hotel, at the second hotel as we were getting of the coach we noticed it was the wrong hotel. luckily we noticed this as it was almost 1 am and could have caused some probs.

we got to our hotel and was shown our room with 2 single beds. next day we was in reception looking for details on where we could find our rep only to find out our hotel didnt have a rep only a 45 min visit at 5pm. luckily thursdays are intro day and our rep came into the hotel and gave what can only be discribed as the worste intro ive ever had to a resort, it lasted all of 5 mins and at the end we was told if any of the trips in a brochure he handed round took our fancy then let him know. my wife and i decided to go on a luxury yacht trip costing £100. we signed up and the rep left.

the night before our trip we had a call from reception saying our "trip no more have a nice lay in" no call from our rep. the next day i checked with reception before going out to find out if we had any messages from our rep or a refund but nothing, we cut our day short to get back to hotel early to catch the rep only to find out he hadnt turned up at the hotel that day. i phoned the thomson mobile number to ask for my money back and was told it would be sorted next day but still nothing and still no sign of the rep. next day i phoned the mobile again and got a promise of a visit at 8pm by our rep to give me a refund. next night i waited 45 mins in reception for the rep but he didnt turn up so i had to phone yet again to be fobbed of again so after getting the uk head office number and threatening police involvement i was told i would get my refund the next day at 12. this was the time we were due to check out of the hotel. this time our rep turned up but he didnt apologise just handed me money over 280 lev which is a closed currencey so we had to spend it that day or lose on the transaction costs back to sterling.

in total it took 4 days and £40 to get a refund of my money and only after pulling the thomson manager up at the airport did we get some sort of apology over it.

at the airport instead of having the odd complaint about food you normaly listen to, over half the people where moaning about thomson for one reason or another and a lot of them where serious complaints.

the long and short of it is dont spend your money on a poor company who dont care what happens to you after they have your money

I would still log a complaint with the company! tour operators should not get away with doing this kind of dis-service and taking no responsbility for it. Request compensation for stress .

• 1 year later...

I would keep on at them.

I got money back from them and then some just purely buy keeping on and on and threatning the small claims court.

I booked hotel on line and paid on full Jan 07 for July 07

April/May 07 they wrote - no availability anymore sorry - but we will refund you

The only other hotel I could get in the resport (not Thomsons) was going to be £600.00 dearer.

Eventually they agreed to pay me the consequential losses - they then sent me the cheque whilst I was on Holiday - it bounced!!

Eventually they sent me the correct one but in the meantime I incurred £210.00 in bank charges - I wrote back to them and asked for this money as well as it was their fault.

OK so they refunded me but I didn't make anything out of them but I will never never use them again - neither will my family and friends.

So keep on at them - mention consequential losses and small claims court of they dont offer anything first time!