style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

is there anyone who can offer me advice on the issue of a council tax court summons which I believe is illegal?

I believe the council have not only acted in complete disregard of legislation but also unreasonably, and to be honest I am getting worn down by trying to get them to own up to their mistake and move on.

Around 2005/2006 three older members of my family moved out. Since then I have received council tax demands under their names and despite informing the council tax and corresponding council tax benefits offices, I was not successful in having two of the names removed.

Despite one member moving into a flat with a partner and claiming council tax benefit in their own rights, which establishes some kind of date for the council to work from, this name continues to be put forward on my council tax and charges applied.

Being on income support living as a carer with a disabled independent and a child who was under the age of sixteen, I would call the council tax office to explain yet again our circumstances to which they would reply it would be sorted. This went on for several years until 2009.

I received several documents from both the council tax benefits and the council tax offices during last year, each giving the same names of the people who had moved out (which should have been deleted) stating I needed to pay for one of them.

They appeared to amend it after I contacted them but once again the claim under the same name appeared and I continued my contact with both the council tax benefits office as well as the council tax office this year.

Now this same charge has been brought forward on to the County Court Summons with an additional charge of £344.52p but I have no idea if this is for the same name or not as nothing has been given me to show what the second charge is for.

The last communication I had with the council earlier this year is their letter asking for details of the three people who moved out. I responded with a copy of a letter I found dated 2005 which explains a change of circumstances at that time giving details of the name moving out.

I have copied all the documents here for you to show as evidence. I can also search my telephone bill for specific dates when I contacted the council which I presume would be enough for any reasonable person to accept as evidence that communication with the council was not only sought but established.

So I have no idea where they get the ability to instigate court proceedings against me with additional costs of £36.20 incurred, for whatever reason, to which it seems they believe I am liable.

I have no idea how to deal with this as the council seem to have a turned a blind eye and ear to a long, ongoing situation and do not seem prepared to act in a reasonable manner at all. In fact I’d go as far to say that the majority of my dealings with various council and benefit representatives in this area leave a lot to be desired.

Is there any legal redress I may take to force these people into acknowledging their mistakes which might also go a long way to ensuring they don’t try pulling stunts like this on me again? Any advice and help is greatly appreciated.

this is the copy of the summons:

http://s797.photobucket.com/albums/yy254/stressed6/Council%20Tax/

this is a copy of the charge being made for the person no longer living here since at least 2005/2006 and dated 24th Nov 2009

http://s797.photobucket.com/albums/yy254/stressed6/Council%20Tax/?action=view&current=Nov2009CTBenefitshowingwrongnames.jpg

Copy of CT benefit showing the same names but this time without charge dated 13th March 2010

http://s797.photobucket.com/albums/yy254/stressed6/?action=view&current=CTBenefit13March2010Chargesoffbutstillwithwrongnames-1.jpg

Copy of CT showing same names but this time with the charge of put back dated 10th May 2010

http://s797.photobucket.com/albums/yy254/stressed6/?action=view&current=CTBenefit10May2010puttingchargeback.jpg

Copy of the last correspodence between me and the council dated 30th August 2010 (names and addresses have been deleted)

Council Tax Benefits Office

Your Ref 30 August 2010

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am in receipt of your ‘reminder’ letter to supply further information dated 24th August 2010. May I remind the council that 28 days were given to me, from the council’s dated letter of 9th August 2010, to try and find information regarding previous residents of xxxxx from a period of at least five years ago; this is not an easy task.

However I did explain in my telephone conversation in July this year, when I initially brought up the matter of this continuous error of who resides at xxxx, that I wished to bring this to conclusion and therefore made every effort to comply with the twenty-eight day limit. In fact I succeeded as I supplied Cardiff Council with details I managed to find at the time, as appended to my letter dated the 24th August and posted by recorded delivery on the 25th, long before the date due.

Now, further to this initial finding, I have since been searching in various files going back to 2001 and note a history of paperwork I have supplied the council in the past going missing or astray, I hope this will not be the case here.

I have also managed to find a letter I sent the council back in 2005 regarding xxxxxx moving out and query why the council have not mentioned this date.

The letter, dated 5th January 2005, (COPY ONE) refers to a telephone conversation I had with the council that very morning which refers back to a letter the council sent in December the previous year. The letter also confirms the date child benefit stopped for xxxx as well as notifies the council that xxxx moved out of the premises, with police assistance, on the 4th January. This would appear to me to be the correct date of xxxxx moving out of the property although, as I mentioned in my previous correspondence earlier this week, I do not recall the exact dates.

I trust this brings the matter to a close.

Yours sincerely,

I appreciate any help and advice and suggestions as to where to go from here.

Thank you.

Edited by understanding
amended

I should add I was unable to deal with correspondence from April to around July this year due to a fire outbreak, leaking roof, leaking tank and other emergencies which I also spoke about during my telephone calls to the council so its not like they didn’t know.

Searching for an S.A.R. on the web brought several factors of law into play in regards to my rights. As I shall be starting a claim against my council, I thought my own experience might be of help to others as well as helping me to understand what is and isn’t doable.

I found a few templates for S.A.R. as well; two from these forums on these links:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?92686

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?104633-SAR-Letter-Template

If you wish to S.A.R. your own council and don’t know which department to send it to, I suggest writing something like: Subject Access Request (with the name of your council here) in Google or similar search engine. Hopefully this will provide links to the section you require and that all important address.

This is my letter to the council; please tell me if I have missed out any information.

Subject Access Request dated: 27th September 2010

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am requesting my right of subject access under the Data Protection Act 1998 and Principle 6 of the same act. I enclose the fee of Ten Pounds money/postal order for the execution of my request.

Please supply me with a complete list of all communications, transactions and charges relating to my history and all accounts pertaining to me with XXXX Council including but not limited to the following:

- A complete list of all communications, including but not limited to, statements and transactions relating to me held by XXXXXX Council.

- A complete breakdown of all charges and/or fees related to my account including any

-Full true copies of all documents existing and/or have existed relating to me held by XXXXX Council.

-Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of but not limited to any contacts, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

-Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email, telephone or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, including myself, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial data or which pertains to me.

- Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

-Full hard copy print outs of my personal and financial information, held in the following formats but not limited to digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

Please supply me with All data you hold about me including a complete list of transactions and charges (or alternatively a set of statements) relating to my account history with your organisation. I also require a complete Breakdown of fees and charges and transactions charged to this account, or any similar related charges. The complete breakdown of each must contain the following:

A listed breakdown of costs involved in administration of any fees/charges including but not limited to:

Details of the work carried out and completed by each member of staff involved with each administration of the fees/charges. Total cost of the paper, envelopes, ink, and postage of each automated and manually written letter relevant to the issuing of the fees/charges, and any other costs incurred in each fee/charge including other employee/s involvement, their hourly rate, time spent on the involvement, and what their involvement consisted of.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of XXXXX Council or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account. If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I understand a full detailed statement of account including but not limited to providing full history of all payments/fees/charges should be supplied within 12 working days and I enclose a separate money/postal order for the fee of £1.00 for this purpose.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance upon receipt.

Yours faithfully

Bearing in mind that a court summons has been issued for three weeks time and the council have 40 days to supply the information apart from a statement which I should receive around twelve days after postage; I don’t have much time to stop these proceedings.

The proceedings include a charge of £6.00 odd for 2009 made for a person who moved out of the address some years ago, around 2005. The charge has only been put on AFTER the person left. I have telephoned as well as written to the council informing them of change of circumstances many times and even supplied them with a copy of a letter dated 2005.

The man I spoke with in July this year was under the impression that there had been no contact between the council and myself for six years, saying there were no records of any communication or forms being sent out etc for this period, which I find hard to believe.

I shall of course search through all my files to see if I can supply any more evidence of this person moving away. However, they do have an account for this person for the person’s new address, and although I have supplied the area this person has moved to, it looks as if I will have to find the exact address for myself – which reeks of spying and doing their job, to me. Yet it seems they are not willing to look up the information and verify this information for themselves.

There is also a new charge added of over £300 yet I have not been given any statement showing what this charge is for so I think it is to do with the same thing, i.e. charging for a person who no longer lives with me. This is a new charge and has been put on the summons which I do not think is legal.

Edited by understanding
typo

I'm not quite sure I understand all you are saying:

i.e. charging for a person who no longer lives with me.

Charging is on the property and liability to pay is by those living there. Are you saying that there is outstanding CT which dates from the time before you were living there ?

Hello, Conniff, thank you for responding. :-)

The short answer is no. I am stating they have issued me with a summons which has a council tax charge of £6.95p which is the same amount of a charge put on the account in 2009 for someone who was no longer living here.

They removed this charge in ... (hang on while I check the dates - here we go) March 2010 and reinstated it for some unknown reason in May 2010.

This charge is given next to the person's name on the council tax benefit forms in 2009. This person moved out around 2005. There is a copy of a letter dated 2005 sent to the council stating that.

The court summons also adds £344.52p charge for council tax owing on the premises and an extra charge of £36.20 (presumably admin fees or something).

The total of £344.52p I have no clue as to what this is for other than alleging it is money owed for council tax as this is the first time I have received it.

These are new charges but for what? I have not received any bill or any kind of correspondence about owing £344.52p or indeed received any paperwork stating council tax charges are owed before receiving this court summons yesterday. This is despite ongoing communication with them via writing (in some cases recorded delivery) and telephone calls regarding having them update their records to show that the two names they keep listing on the council tax and council tax benefit notices are no longer living at my address and haven’t done for years.

I think that the council have acted unlawfully in applying for a court summons without making any attempt to inform me of any charges they feel I might be liable for. This is despite ongoing communication with them via writing and telephone calls.

Is there any legislation that explains the procedures councils must adhere to before they issue a summons? I am trawling the net and have come up with protocols set in place due to the Recession of 2009 that my council seem to have instigated which I might use as part of formulating a complaint and ergo a claim against them.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Edited by understanding
for clarity

Okay, so I found the (long) legislation and not being particularly legal-minded, have made some assumptions due to the wording of the following parts of the legalisation which I feel might have bearing on my case.

The excerpts are quotes from ‘The Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992.’http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1992/613/contents/made

The requirement for demand notices

18.—(1) Subject to paragraph (2), for each financial year a billing authority shall serve a notice in writing on every liable person in accordance with regulations 19 to 21.

This part of the legislation seem to require the local authority to serve notice in writing of any liability on a person’s behalf for council tax in accordance with regulations 19 and 21 Council Regulations 1992 – is that right?

Does this also mean they have to show clearly on the council tax demand why the tax is liable e.g. for which year it is liable and for what reason e.g. someone not exempt from paying council tax living in the property?

Sections 19 and 20 seem to say the billing authority must make a notice of demand for council tax followed by the amount of council tax owing – this seems to infer the council tax demand/bill needs to show what it is for and who it is for?

Council tax: payments 21

(7) A notice to which regulation 20(4) or (5) applies shall (as the billing authority determines) require payment of the amount concerned—

(a)on the expiry of such period (being not less than 14 days) after the day of issue of the notice as is specified in it; or

(b)by instalments of such amounts as are specified in the notice, payable at such intervals and on such day in each interval as is so specified.

This looks to me to be provision for payments to be made after a demand notice for council tax has been given. The payment instalment plan should be issued no less than 14 days from the demand of payment.

But what if you never received a demand for council tax in the first place? How can the provision be applied in that case?

22. No payment on account of the chargeable amount (whether interim, final or sole) need be made unless a notice served under this Part requires it.
Not sure what 22 means?

Failure to pay instalments

23.—(1) Subject to paragraph (2), where—

(a)a demand notice has been served by a billing authority on a liable person,

(b)instalments in respect of the council tax to which the notice relates are payable in accordance with Part I of Schedule 1 or, as the case may be, a Part II scheme, and

©any such instalment is not paid in accordance with that Schedule or, as the case may be, the relevant scheme,

the billing authority shall serve a notice (“reminder notice”) on the liable person stating—

So does this mean the authority MUST serve a reminder for any monies they consider due BEFORE going for a court summons?

Looking over section 24 ‘Payment Adjustments’ it states the local authority has to supply a notice of payment adjustments (presumably offering a reason behind them) in writing.

So if the charges on the court summons brought against me is to do with a person moving out years ago, and the charges refer to that period when the person was living with me, then surely they should have notified me that an adjustment of payment was needed for that period and I owed x amount of money, instead of just trumping up a summons?

It looks to me as the council may have broken several parts of the regulations, but is it legislation and would I have the legal right to ask for some form of enforcement for the council to follow the regulations? Who would enforce it?

Would I be within my legal right to supply this information to the court before the summoning date and inform them of my belief that regulations have not been adhered to?

Does this make the summons unlawful and therefore invalid? How would I go about making this claim with the S.A.R. taking 40 days which might support my claim and the court hearing in 21 days?

How would I go about doing all of this?

I am truly confused as to what to do to stop this summons although I am trying my best to make some sense of it all.

Edited by understanding
typos as getting tired :-(

Well this is a pretty complicated situation! If it just concerned council tax, and there weren't any benefits or situations with in/dependants involved then I might have been able to help some but this is a beyond what I could advise with I'm afraid.

Apologies if you've said this already but it's fairly late on a Sunday night so there is a very large chance I've missed it. Have you been down to the council offices about this? If not then I strongly suggest you write a very clear letter detailing the situation - listing who moved in or out and when (exact dates), and forwarding addresses - and take this, along with all the other paperwork, down to the offices and ask to speak to someone - preferrably a supervisor or manager - to try and get the situation sorted there and then. As various benefits are involved you'll probably also need to speak to someone from council tax and housing benefits dept too, so make sure you know details of other benefits you've been on.

Taking council tax benefit out of the equation for a minute, like Coniff said, the amount due is based on the property and not on the number of residents. The only time the number of residents is a factor is if, at any point, you have been the sole adult resident (in which case you would be eligible for a 25% discount) or if you claim CTB.

Hello, Nobnob,

Thank you for responding though, always appreciated. :-)

It does sound complicated to be sure. I shall try to explain :-0

Due to both the council tax benefit office as well as the council tax office not updating their records for the past six years (despite my various attempts to update them) as told me by both offices this year, I think it has resulted in them ignoring me and issuing a summons.

I received the summons on Saturday and posted it as soon as I was able to do so on here so have yet to write to the council asking for an explanation.

The council have not bothered to make a claim for payment of any kind before this summons apart from the £6.95p charge which first appeared on my C.T demand last year.

Then I was told by both offices that this charge of £6.95 in respect of C.T. Benefit not being awarded for a person who had moved out around 2005 would be sorted out.

Both offices assured me that the matter would be rectified and in fact I got a council tax demand in March this year showing nothing was owed.

Yet the council tax benefit still showed the names of two people who no longer lived at the address, one of whom is apparently the cause of the £6.95 council tax charge in respect of not being awarded council tax benefit.

I contacted both offices again where I was told about their not having their records updated for six years, and was told I had not contacted them for six years however they promised to resolve the issue of updating records and asked me for details for the current residents at home which I duly gave over the telephone.

Then in May, I received a council tax benefit notice with the same non-award of £6.95p for the same person (who has been living elsewhere since 2005) followed next by the council tax demand with the same charge.

I duly alerted them once again and this time demanded this issue of having non existent people put on my benefits award as well as on my council tax demands be dealt with once and for all.

The response I got were two letters, one being a reminder less than ten days after receiving the first, asking me to disclose full details of names, dates of birth, national insurance number and so on about the people no longer living at my address.

I gave the information supplying various documents I had to support my claim that these people moved away several years ago. I even to gave an address I knew one of the people moved to in around 2006/2007.

I also included a police victim’s support letter which was in connection with the reason for the second person moving out – this is the same person who was put forward as not being awarded council tax benefit to the tune of £6.95 in 2009 with this charge levied on my council tax demand since then.

The next thing I received was the court summons. Nothing else has been given, no information or acknowledgement of my recorded delivery letters sent to the council this year.

The summons not only has the charge for £6.95p but has new charges for over £300 yet I have not received any demands for money other than the £6.95p

So now I need to know what to do to stop the summons or to halt proceedings while I get whatever information is needed, which will also include the S.A.R. to prove their process unlawful.

I think they are bound by the regulations to supply a demand for money showing amount owing in the first instance from the council tax office. This should be together with a statement of whatever awards I have been granted or not granted from the council tax benefits office.

They should wait fourteen days for acknowledgement/payment before instigating the next step of sending a reminder for payment.

Then I believe they can begin to issue a summons if they have not received acknowledgement to their reminder within 7 or 14 days.

That is what I have understood from reading the regulations (as shown and linked in a previous post above).

So I believe they have acted unlawfully by neglecting to follow the regulations and issuing a summons against me for a) £6.95 charge which has only been brought about in 2009 due to not being awarded this amount in council tax benefit for someone who does not live here and has not lived here since around 2005

B) Charges of over £300 have been added to the court summons yet as I have not received any demands for this money, as my documents on photo-bucket show, this amount seems to have come out of nowhere. No idea what these charges are for.

Because of their apparent disregard to acknowledge their fault for not updating records as and when they were given information, I believe they are trying to make me pay for their mistakes and that is why these new charges have been given against me. But I need to prove it and I need time to do that.

So any help or advice anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by understanding

Guest Cartaphilus

Hi, wish I could help with some of this, but alas such things go over my head at times. Asides from a reasonable POV any actions by them should be halted until anything is done ... But councils etc, law unto themselves. ;)

Between the lines, it appears one departments not spoken to the other, no one is taking responsibility when really they should be. Don't worry, I am sure many haven't not come across this type of thing before with their local councils, I'd be surprised if they haven't. No wonder it sounds complicated, because it is, and certainly for the person stuck with it and having to sort it out.

One council I know of issued incorrect council tax forms to an entire town. Basically it said on the new bills that everyone owed £100s of pounds when they didn't. But you can imagine the scare it gave people, not knowing what was going on, and it was also primarily new bills concerning housing benefit claims. Basically, it said all claims had been cancelled and because of their being new ones, it meant everyone on HB was in arrears. I imagine the day those people got those letters, it cause an awful lot of distress. Anyway, it turned out that it was because of changing over systems from old to new. So in order to do this, it had to reset people's claims. Not that anyone was told that, and the day I phoned the council ... they were swamped with hundreds in the same position. They didn't also issue any explanations to people or any kind of apology.

Another time, I had my CTX reference number miskeyed when I made a payment. Payment went through, thought all was fine, days later I was issued with a court notice, because I had failed to pay my CTX on time. Worrying. I contacted them, after being bounced around departments, saying I had proof I had paid, it was on my bank bills, so why did they not have a record of it? Payment wouldn't have been made if my card had been accepted, which is generally understood for example. I was put through 3 days of worry because they wouldn't NOT stop any action until they had investigated it. It turned out someone had miskeyed my reference number, which I'd worked out already because logically it would have been that, as payment had gone through ... so it was stuck in a 'limbo' in the system.

Just shows how easily errors are made, but also an unwillingness to prevent any actions reasonably until it had been investigated. I could have gone to court for example, when I had paid and knew I had done.

Just wondered, though, have you contacted your local councillor at all? I contacted mine a while ago, and he got everything I needed sorting out for a non-council matter, within 1 day for me. He didn't mess around in other words and went through it like a dose of salts, which was what was needed at the time to get things moving.

Guest Cartaphilus

I was also thinking about the Local Government Ombudsman, as they would instigate an audit (I think) which would reveal where an error was made and bring it to light. For example, someone at DWP told me this information regarding something a while ago, an audit could be done to trace back, it would reveal who had handled what, who had entered what information. As you will already know, recording keeping of data should be kept up to scratch, but we know it isn't always.

Sorry, forgot the link!

http://www.lgo.org.uk/

It would also help if I got the name right as well wouldn't it. :oops:

Edited by Cartaphilus
Added link

Guest Cartaphilus
I contacted both offices again where I was told about their not having their records updated for six years,

Certainly, this would need bringing to their attention.

Guest Cartaphilus

A rather general break down at a basic level is what appears to have occured here from phone messages to record keeping. Which I am sure you already know.

Guest Cartaphilus

Reason I mentioned councillor and LOG is because I feel you need a heavy hitter eg more authority from someone who they can't ignore and have to take notice of. If only to halt anything from going further. Getting screen glare for some reason, so finding it a bit hard at times to look at this background. No idea why, as I don't normally but could be because it's night, so my eyes are in 'night mode' (shrugs shoulders)

Hey, Cartaphilus,

How lovely of you to pop on here. :-)

I had to giggle at the town being ‘totalled’ by the council due to the council not informing people they were changing systems simply because I imagined a town in darkness and the Major leading the town by candlelight to their new systems which weren’t working due to the council not paying the electric bill.

My imagination can run riot sometimes but seriously, how like the council to do something like that. They seem to get by with misinformation and lack of information thinking that’s okay to do.

To be honest I wouldn’t consider using any councillor round here simply due to my previous dealings with two of them and the others appear to be just as useless. For example, when told I had no central heating or hot water, one councillor told me I should be able to get a grant as there was a child under the age of sixteen at home. I followed the advice and was told that I had to be over 60 and even then may not be considered eligible.

Don’t get me wrong, the councillor was nice enough to listen while he was on my doorstep requesting votes but I never got any response to a letter I sent asking if there were other avenues to getting a grant for a central heating system.

Another councillor, in response to my requesting help due to something a benefits officer did, wrote to me (long after sending my letter) with apologies stating the ‘email’ I’d sent her got deleted.

As I had posted a letter and not sent an email, I didn’t bother following through and had already dealt with the benefits officer anyway by then.

For the most part I can cope enough but this summons is something that needs a little more brain power than I possess.

Thank you for posting here, it is heartening. :-)

I was also thinking about the Local Government Ombudsman, as they would instigate an audit (I think) which would reveal where an error was made and bring it to light. For example, someone at DWP told me this information regarding something a while ago, an audit could be done to trace back, it would reveal who had handled what, who had entered what information. As you will already know, recording keeping of data should be kept up to scratch, but we know it isn't always.

Sorry, forgot the link!

http://www.lgo.org.uk/

It would also help if I got the name right as well wouldn't it. :oops:

Oh cool. thank you. {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Reason I mentioned councillor and LOG is because I feel you need a heavy hitter eg more authority from someone who they can't ignore and have to take notice of. If only to halt anything from going further. Getting screen glare for some reason, so finding it a bit hard at times to look at this background. No idea why, as I don't normally but could be because it's night, so my eyes are in 'night mode' (shrugs shoulders)

Rest your eyes, looking at the screen for hours can play havoc and strain them. And thank you for the link, it will help. :-)

Guest Cartaphilus

Sometimes I don't like to see people struggling more than anything so whilst I can't offer any legal things, whatever I have learned (which right now I wish'd had learned more not that I haven't learned anything just sometimes not the right things for the job!) and post for support.

Don’t get me wrong, the councillor was nice enough to listen while he was on my doorstep requesting votes but I never got any response to a letter I sent asking if there were other avenues to getting a grant for a central heating system.

Don't worry I know all about that kind of thing ... leading up to elections and so on.

Guest Cartaphilus

Sometimes I don't like to see people struggling more than anything so whilst I can't offer any legal things, whatever I have learned (which right now I wish'd had learned more not that I haven't learned anything just sometimes not the right things for the job!) and post for support.

Don't worry I know all about that kind of thing ... leading up to elections and so on.

Guest Cartaphilus

Guest Cartaphilus

Okay, there's that wierd timout triplicate thing ... everytime ... when I try to edit something, it's timing out, so I don't know if it's posted then when I look three or more have been posted. :|

Edited by Cartaphilus

Okay, there's that wierd timout triplicate thing ... everytime ... when I try to edit something, it's timing out, so I don't know if it's posted then when I look three or more have been posted. :|

I know, happened to me while posting earlier - like a hi-cup :p

Guest Cartaphilus
Rest your eyes, looking at the screen for hours can play havoc and strain them.

It can, yes. I went to have a shower, then came back, now it's like the sun's out in here. Wierd. :D

Meh, I tried to respond and it got lost in the ether. I was just commenting on how something similar happened to me earlier today while posting.

Struggle is my middle name, never been lucky and always prepared for the worst no matter what. But I always hope for better and always strive to be equal to the task at hand.

I'm not sure what's going on - on one tab I can see my messages posted yet they appear to be mingling with others??? and yet on this one my messages (after commenting on seeing you here) appear to have vanished.

I would call this 'lag' but not sure what it is.