Fault with car, under warranty, dealer being unfair

ludlum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI.

I have purchased a car from an independent dealer and within a few days, I had an engine management light come on. I took it to a main dealer who carried out a diagnostic and I was basically informed that the diesel turbo unit has failed. They also pointed out that the oil sump was leaking badly and needing serious attention.

The turbo is covered by an AA warranty and the dealer is paying me the desired amount to get the oil sump repaired at our local main dealer. Which is fine.

However, a I bought the car from some distance away, and I dont really trust them to do any further work to my car, I obvioulsy am happy for the work to be carried out locally.

If I had taken the car back to them, they said they would have loaned me a car. As I do not want them to touch my car, and I am within my rights to get the warranty repairs done locally, I have done so. But as this is the case, they have said they will NOT loan or hire me a car for the duration of the reapirs which could be a few days.

Is there any rule / law that states I can get them to fund me a car while its being repaired even if if its not them thats carrying out the work.

Need some help ASAP as car going in on Tuesday.

Thanks,

If they have offered to do the work themselves but you have refused this for your own reasons then no they are not under obligation to provide you with funds for a loan car - I am also really suprised that the AA warranty is stumping up a turbo after a breakdown so soon after delivery - do you have confirmation of this in writing?