Terms and conditions against sales of goods act

grayson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a projector screen from Primebuy UK with credit card over the internet.

The screen was falsely advertised as it is the wrong aspect ratio and it is faulty

I have contacted the company and asked for a refund they said i should have read there terms and condition which state

Any goods that are returned are subject to a 25% restocking fee and consumer must arrange delivery and cost.

Screen cost £250 and is 2 days old

Are these conditions legal

Hi grayson

I haven't looked at the website in question. I would keep all correspondence in writing. I would take a snapshot of the ad.

Also a snapshot of their terms and conditions. I would send the following letter, recorded:-

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/making-complaint/template-letters/SGA1979/

If they still try to tell you different, contact Consumer Direct and if need be they will get Trading Standards on the case.

A nice summary on here:- http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

Let us know what happens.

Primebuy terms and conditions

So they state ALL returns are subject to a 25% restock fee faulty or not.

After 28 days I have 12 months warranty with manufacturer

sales of goods act states contract is with the seller

Trading standards are going to love this

Terms & Conditions

All goods purchased from Primebuy are subject to the following terms & conditions of sale, please read carefully before making your purchase. By purchasing from, you agree to adhere to the terms & conditions of sale outlined below.

* All items for sale are guaranteed brand new and factory sealed.

* All products come with and a 28 day replacement or repair service if found to be faulty.

* Returns are accepted for manufacturing defects within 28 days of receipt of goods.

* If you report a manufacturing defect outside the 28 days, you still have a 12 months warranty with the manufacturer.

* For non-manufacturing defects, we are do offer a repair service. We can also send out replacement parts if necessary.

* Refunds can be claimed within 28 days of receipt of goods if you are not entirely happy your purchase.

* Refunds are given for the cost of the purchase only. Delivery and handling fees are non-refundable.

* Consumers must cover all delivery and handling costs when returning goods.

* Returned goods must be received in as new condition with all original packaging and accessories.

* All returned goods are subject to a minimum 25% restocking fee.

* Goods returned to us damaged, soiled or modified will not be accepted and will be returned to the customer.

'So they state ALL returns are subject to a 25% restock fee faulty or not.'

If the above is correct, then whats to stop them stocking up on faulty goods, then profiting 25% on each sale, they probably would make more profit that way,

thats outrageous!

Also it would be an idea if they stuck their address on there website, always worries me when I don't see an address on the website. I wonder if thats a requirement as they take credit card payments.

Don't forget your Credit Card should also offer you protection.

I have also posted this thread on a well known av forum

The owner of the company has complained so the Founder of the site wants proof of my alligations

With pleasure i said

Thanks for all of your advise

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what it states in their T&Cs if it doesn't comply with the Sales of Goods Act http://www.johnantell.co.uk/SOGA1979.htm etc. If they were not as described or fit for purpose then the purchaser has every right to demand a full refund. If the seller refuses and you paid by credit card you should take it up with the CC company as well as making a complaint to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact .

if you have bought something on the basis of the seller’s description or a sample, you should expect the item to conform exactly to that description or sample. If it does not, you have the right to reject the goods, demand a full refund and possibly claim damages. This is still the case even where you have selected or examined the items for yourself before buying them.
Edited by cerberusalert

The distance selling regs add 'extra' protection for items you buy online for the obvious reason that you can't fully inspect them. Their 25% fee is a load of crap, although i believe not long ago, i think Which! did a survey of online stores (many of them big names) and many of them broke various laws, either knowingly or they were just ignorant.

Andy