Do we Pay?

nick59
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help me here. About 2 months ago we was walking through our local shopping centre and we saw a small company selling sofas, this was not a shop, he was situated in the middle of the centre. We had a look and decided to buy a sofa from him. The total cost was £349. We gave him £10 deposit and he gave us a receipt written on a plain piece of lined paper, he told us that the sofa would be ready for delivery on 20th September. Due to some unforeseen circumstances 3 weeks later we had to cancel the order, we tried to ring him but could not get through, so my wife left a message on his mobile to say that we do not want the sofa anymore. We would have written to him but there was no address on the receipt. 2 days ago we had a phone call from him and he said the sofa was ready for delivery, we explained to him that we had cancelled the order, but he was having none of it and stated that we ordered it, he had made it so we had to pay up. After some 20 minutes on the phone he gave us 3 choices. 1, have the sofa, 2, buy anything for the same price, 3 or pay £70 for making the sofa. Now we have to decided to pay him the £70, he has demanded for us to pay this sum to him by the end this month or he will be sending the matter to his legal team. By the way the name of the company is The Furniture Shack! The point to this question is, do we pay or wait to see what he does next?

AFAIK the only thing he can do is keep the deposit in the absence of any signed agreement because without one he can prove nothing. For all intents & purposes that £10 could have been payment for a couple of scatter cushions.

he will be sending the matter to his legal team.
I wonder who that'll be considering he was selling in a shopping centre concourse, his only contact details are a mobile 'phone & he doesn't have a business address?

Are you sure it was called 'The Furniture Shack' & not Trotters Independent Trading?

_40653596_trotters-team203.jpg

having looked further we have now found the invoice for the £10 deposit, and it does state 3 seater sofa! My mistake! I think we will hang on to the £70 and wait and see what he does next! Maybe we will get a visit from Mick the Greek!:-)