Debt collettion after IDENTITY THEFT.

xegos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My story starts when I started to share house. After leaving that mad house I was the happiest person on earth but not for long. Soon after I received Notice of Debt Collection from Wescot.

After phone call I found out that somebody used my name to buy some goods worth £309.8 from Littlewoods.

Also I found out that that occured one mont after I had moved to the other addres. I managed succesfully fight back Wescot using my Tenancy Agreement, and helping Wescot investigate matter.

Also my name was wrongly spelled and I dont know if that was typer error or thief had problem with spelling??(e.g Mr Blond is not the same as Mr Bond) Anyway outcome was: "We can confirm that as a consequence of the query you raised, the above account has been returned to our client. That mean: We closed the debt in our system nad returned it to our client.

No further action will be taken by Wescot".

But this is not the end recently I was called by CCS collect and asked to confirm my previous address of course I didn't (I don't remember postcode of address I lived 4+ years ago) but I asked them to send me their query in writing to my present addres which they didn't know I gave it to them because I want get rid of this once forever. Can anybody advise me how I can fight back this time?? The matter coms back in vicious circle. Can I use Wescot correspondence as a proof??

The matter may come back i a future and I may be in trouble forever and ever till end of time because statue barred starts from last payment or writing. I will update you when I receive letter from ccs collect. Also my query is can I return it if my name will be wrongly spelled as not addressed for me??

Kind regareds

Greg