Help needed regards shop direct home visit

scarborosmoggy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I just received this letter from shop direct today and could do with some advice or if someone could be so kind to do me a letter to send back off to them, I don't want them coming to my house as I really don't like dealing with people personally and am a nervious person, here is there letter, I have no arrears on my account and I pay it every month without fail:

Dear ******

I am writing to you in my role of agency relationship manager for the shop direct group.

My role is to support exceptional agents who regularly shop with us.

Your account allows for purchases to be made on behalf of customers and i would like to ensure that your credit limit meets the needs of yourself and your customer.

To enable us to fully review your credit to match your agency needs i would therefore be conducting home visit to gather your account information.

I would be greatful if you could contact us on telephone number below to arrange an appointment and discuss the visit.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

xxxxxxx

Like I say I am a very nervous person, so I don't want anyone visiting my house and I don't like talking to people on the phone, I spend so much on my account as I don't go out either so it enables me to buy all the things I need and want without going to the shops.

Like I said also, my account is up to date and I have no arrears and I pay my bill every month without fails.

I hope you cna help and advise me.

hi there

I dont believe they can force you into a home visit if you dont want to. I'm sure someone with more knowledge of these things will be along shortly to advise you, so dont worry about these people. Personally I would write back and decline their proposal, it's your home and you dont have to invite anyone in to it. Please wait and see what others advise. Good luck

Daisy

Daisy

Hi,

There's no way they can turn up for a home visit without your permission, I'd write to them telling them this and see what sort of reply you get.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 3 weeks later...

First - from the information given, you've done nothing wrong. Second - as long as you maintain your business relationship by some method, then it's up to you how - be it email/phone/snail mail etc. You are under no legal obligation to accept a home visit. You could try and write to them and tell them that they don't have permission to step onto your property and that if they do, you'll commence proceedings for tresspass / harrassment etc - that usually works but comes across as heavy handed and may strain the relationship

Please don't worry too much about this, like it has been mentioned before they do need your permission to call to your home.

Reading the letter they sent, it sounds more like a customer relation call rather than an intimidating call. As you say you have never been in debt or fallen behind with payments. In fact you seem to be the opposite! I am sure this being the case they will respect your wishes not to call. I'm guessing nothing has happened yet.

A simple letter stating you do not accept home visits, and you will only have contact through letters in the future should be enough. If not then we can send a stronger letter. :wink:

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...