Credit Card Chargeback....

andyroo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought an item of eBay for £44 which when it arrived turned out to be fake. I countacted the seller but suprise-suprise, no responce. As I had bought it on my credit card I contacted my issuer to do a chargeback and they sent me out all the paperwork which I returned.

I then recieved a letter from them to advise me they couldnt do the chargeback as I payed through Nochex which only acts as a 'transfer of money' and not a 'merchant'.

As the item is under £100 I dont think Im protected by the Consumcer Credit Act but as you can imagine Im pretty annoyed to lose the £44. I checked on the Nochex website and they do have measures in place for if a chargeback happens due to such an event but when contacting them they advised there was nothing more that they could do without the card issuer requesting the chargeback! Stuck in the middle!

Any suggestions.....

I believe eBay run their own compensation scheme - have you informed them of the situation?

Yeah, but they wont cover any postage costs - which were £12 - and then pay based on the sale price less £15, so I would only end up with £18. I've applied for it but it still leaves me £27 short :(