Lady_K

Lower quote on item, does shop have to honour this please?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3610 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I had a price quote on a mobility item a few weeks ago. I didnt get it then because I wanted to think about it and get the money together. The lady gave me one of the shops cards and wrote on the back of it, the price, the item number, the size and wieght of it and her name. She seems to be the only person working there most of the time.

I have now found out that it looks like the lady made a mistake on the price, it seems she might have quoted me for the item size below this one I need. The difference is £105 so much more than I was first quoted.

I found out because someone phoned the shop for me yesterday about the product and they were quoted the higher price and the price for the item size below was exactly the same as the lady quoted to me on the back of the shop card so I think she made a mistake.

The lady in the shop does not know that I am now aware of this as the person phoning yesterday did not mention my name. What I am wanting to know is how much chance do I have of getting the item at the price quoted to me on the card as my daughter has offered to go and pay for it today and take the card with the price quote on it with her. The shop does have to order it in though, it wont be in stock

Slim to zero I'm afraid. There's no obligation to sell to you at a given price or even at all. If you'd paid the quoted price at the time then you'd have been in quite a strong position as the shop would have accepted your offer.