Eon Prepayment meter final bill with debt?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have been passed on a final bill from Eon for my previous address which states I owe them £69. We were prepayment meter customers so I cannot understand how a debt has occured. I have e-mailed them saying I do not acknowledge the debt due to this and require further details. This was for my electricity account, funnily enough my gas account ended with £20 credit which I have heard nothing about.....

Anything similar happened to anyone - I dont understand how it is possible and having been getting phone calls from Past Due Credit which I think this is in connection with although they wont talk to me as I refuse to confirm my dob and address over the phone!

Thanks in advance :-)

Did you use the emergency credit facility on your meter a lot?

When a prepayment meter is on emergency, it can not collect the daily standing charge, this therefore builds up a debt on the meter.

The other possibility is that the new supplier has used an incorrect meter reading to close the account down; this would be resolved by an ARD (agreed Read Dispute) amending the final meter read (D86)

You should be luck. I got a letter off E.on to say they had been reading my meter wrongly since 2006 and that l owe them £15,000.00.

I own a Care Home and we are caring for people, l am a nurse, not an electrician or meter reader!

They are doing this to lots of people, there was a man on TV today saying they said he owed them £32,000.00. What are we all going to do about these theives trying to obtain money from innocent people? Angie Baker

Thanks for moving - am new and wasnt sure where to post :-)