Dont let santander steal your acc - call rbs today to prevent it

stalin's dead

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Shall we say Santander don't have a very good reputation and there was an interesting item about them on Watchdog this week. Shall we say their 'Customer Care' couldn't care less. ;)

Click the 'reports' tab http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

It could also have consequences if you have an outstanding debt to a company already within the Santander group, ie A&L, Abbey ect and you bank with Nat West or RBS now, once your account becomes part of the Santander group they could use the 'right to offset' and raid you accounts to pay the debt, they don't even have to tell you about it they can just clear your account out.

quite simple:

(1) Santander are absolutely and utterly dreadful and will mess up your account

(2) If you have a debt with Santader/Alliance & Leic and they take over your bank they can simply off-set your debt against your balance ie they can take monies from your account to repay the debt and leave you penniless.

(3) I suspect Santander are pretty ruthless when it comes to off-setting

This thread is on the DCI thread for the above reasons.

I am trying to get my RBS acc changed to RBS Scotland. Failing that I will open a Natwest Acc but from what I have heard of Santander they are sh*te!

You have been warned

Guest Cartaphilus

Oh, great. So, it could easily be envisioned, then, that no one's bank account is safe if this buying of banks continues and you are in debt. Legalised 'bank heists' and ones which will leave the victim in very serious poverty in some instances. Least of all the obvious knock on effects into every other aspect of their lives requiring money from that account. Laws, what laws?

Thanks for the info guys. Stalin, it's only simple if you have the facts :)

Much appreciated, I don't have any debts with any of my bank accounts and rarely use the RBS one thankfully. It's more a back up. Interesting news though.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

• 1 month later...

United Kingdom

• October 18 2010
  • http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional